WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked this AM and SG is down to 1.000. Pulled 100ml to a graduated cylinder to check SG and got a nice look at the color. I like what I see and the wine has not cleared. Nice light pink (salmon color) to my eyes. Added a little heat this AM as the temp had fallen to 65.

Checked this AM and SG is down to 1.000. Pulled 100ml to a graduated cylinder to check SG and got a nice look at the color. I like what I see and the wine has not cleared. Nice light pink (salmon color) to my eyes. Added a little heat this AM as the temp had fallen to 65.

Is your color similar to mine?

Hard to tell since its still fermenting but more than likely the same. I will post some pics of mine once it has cleared a bit. I will also post pics of all my WA Rose's I have snagged the last month or so to compare colors.

OK, I feel better. That's very similar to mine, thought not as pink as the Aussie Grenache Rose. Now to wait while the sorbate taste/smell fades...

Thanks Varis.

Just added the stabilizing and fining chems to mine tonight after degassing for a few minutes. Thanks for posting those pics Varis. That helps to gauge if added upfront vs post fermentation effects the color.

OK, I feel better. That's very similar to mine, thought not as pink as the Aussie Grenache Rose. Now to wait while the sorbate taste/smell fades...

Thanks Varis.

Agreed..the Grenache Rose had such a nice color. But Grenache is a red grape to begin with so the juice was actually pink/red if I remember correctly.

Just added the stabilizing and fining chems to mine tonight after degassing for a few minutes. Thanks for posting those pics Varis. That helps to gauge if added upfront vs post fermentation effects the color.

Post pics once cleared so we can compare, thanks.

After racking to another carboy, I had about 1 and a half bottles left.
So I decided to fill up the 2nd bottle with a WE LE shown in this picture, and cork the other bottle too.
NOTE TO JIM: no, I am not bottling this yet...lol
The wine in the carboy will go into bottles maybe around August. :h
And yes, the level in the Rose bottles is not equal because I filled that bottle 'manually' and didn't care.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1463579607.567338.jpg

Last edited:
Will do. Its already 75% clear as of this AM and looks pretty similar. Hard to judge when they are not side by side and everybody has different lighting etc. I am leaning on topping up with a Rose of sorts.

31GSErcqOrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Damm, you added chems last evening and it is not 75% clear?
I assume your room temp is a bit warmer than mine. I'm clearing mine in the basement which is in the lower 60s F.
Mine starts showing signs of getting clear after a couple of days.

I added a heat belt and degassed first at ~70F then added Chitosan etc. This AM is already looking really clear. I am keeping heat on to ~70F until it fully clears, then will rack and top up.

Winery is 64F this AM.

Latest posts

Back