Cabbage Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sully

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey Guy and Gals

Thinking about trying some cabbage wine. Has anyone attempted this before. I really like flavor of honey and cabbage so was thinking of incorporating honey. Any thoughts or suggestions/ recipes????

Don't believe I can help you much with this one, but fermented cabbage equals sourkraut. Are you sure you want to mix that with honey?? LOL, Arne.

Yeah, I agree with Arne. That flavor combination does not get me excited - but I'll try anything once and I have been pleasantly surprised before.

What recipe calls for combining honey with cabbage? That just sounds weird to put those together in one sentence.

Sauerkraut is a product of pickling called lacto-fermentation. Wine is a product of alcoholic fermentation. The two use either fungi or bacteria. Yeast is a fungi. Grapes can be pickled, and cabbage can undergo a alcoholic fermentation. What your yield of fermentables would be, and whether you would want to drink it is another matter.

Latest posts

Back