CABBAGE wine 1st racking!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaveK

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fast ferment. Went from SG 1.096 to .996 on the 4th day after yeast. Decided to rack. Cabbage flavor noticeable at first but now gone. I've had cabbage weekly almost my entire life, love it, so I'm very familiar with the taste. It has evolved into a "What the hell is that flavor?!" Not bad. I think it just barely reached a "good" designation. Curious where this will go.

Can't believe I'm saying this - I'm hoping back sweetening will bring forward the cabbage flavor. 😄

And of course, why would anyone use anything other than red cabbage?

20220402_075835_01.jpg

I guess this was before my "I'm going for it!" posts. 🤣

Bottling day!
I don't normally buy Merlot because it's not one of my favorites. Of course, whenever I'm given a bottle of wine as a gift it's always a Merlot - not a problem, I'll drink it. You know where I'm going with this - it tastes EXACTLY like a Merlot!!! EXACTLY!! I'm blown away - again!
Don't know how stable the color is so I did a couple green bottles just in case.
Tip o' the hat and a big THANK YOU! to @FlamingoEmporium for suggesting "kapusta red". There can't be any other name!
@vinny , think about using your cabbage for wine!!
Great flavor, good mouth feel, wonderful color!
I'll make this again!

cabbage.jpg

I guess this was before my "I'm going for it!" posts. 🤣

Bottling day!
I don't normally buy Merlot because it's not one of my favorites. Of course, whenever I'm given a bottle of wine as a gift it's always a Merlot - not a problem, I'll drink it. You know where I'm going with this - it tastes EXACTLY like a Merlot!!! EXACTLY!! I'm blown away - again!
Don't know how stable the color is so I did a couple green bottles just in case.
Tip o' the hat and a big THANK YOU! to @FlamingoEmporium for suggesting "kapusta red". There can't be any other name!
@vinny , think about using your cabbage for wine!!
Great flavor, good mouth feel, wonderful color!
I'll make this again!

View attachment 94512
Teach me to suggest something as mundane as cabbage wine to the maker of all things wine.

This is why I keep asking for a list so these mistakes don't happen!

Latest posts

Back