WineXpert CA Trinity White.....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrown

Reaction score
World Vineyard Kit......

Just this morning, degassed this kit. Did not raise much co2 (IMO) after thoroughly mixing for several minutes.

Temp was 74 degrees.

Anything to worry about?

Thanks.....

A lot ot unanswered variables here bbrown.
Did you ferment it all the way in the primary..most times when doing this you will end up with a lot less gas than finishing fermentation in a carboy

What did you use to degas with?

Was the 74 degrees wine temp or room temp?

Take a little sample of your wine, put it in a small bottle and give it a god shaking with your thumb over the opening. If it "spews" when you releas your thumg you still have gas. If it doesn't then you are good to go.

Yes, followed the kitinstructions to the letter. Fermenter for 8 days, then to secondary fermentation (in carboy), did not top off. All SG readings as per instructions.
Used battery operated drill and paddle for same to degas on 11-07.
Wine was 72 degrees.

I'll check a sample in a small bottle per your reply tomorrow.

Thanks....BB

Some wines will hold much more C02 then others and another difference is the lower the starting sg the less C02 that will be generated. Having less C02 in a kit to get out is a good thing as it means less work for you.

The CA Trinity White kit is really good. You'll enjoy that one. It was actually so good that I bought another and made it again. I checked my notes and I de-gassed this one using the brake-bleeder idea I found here on the forum. Those things work like a champ. Good job keeping an eye on the temperature. They say its much easier to get the CO2 out at higher temps.

Thanks...we got it bottled and it is clear as can be. Can't wait to try a bottle at Christmas.

Latest posts

Back