bulk-bottle aging in travel trailer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine-o-Dale

Junior
Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to ask about aging wines in our travel trailer while were traveling the US. If I start a wild berry wine now (raspberry and blueberries) do you think it would be down to the 1.020 or 1.010 SG by the end of July. Were moving the trailer to Tennessee July 31st and thought it would be better to bottle before we leave since it might leak out of the secondary during the trip and shake too much. Are most wines available to be bottled within 1 month (SG down to 1.200 at least)? Any suggestions would be helpful. I really don't want to wait to start the wine in August.

Dale

I wouldn't worry as much about vibrations and spillage as I would temperature changes.Is this a motor home or a pull behind? Temperature will play a huge effect on your fermentation rates and success. But to answer your question, yes, your wine should be down to well below those gravities by them. Might be a bit tough to get it to clear though. I would definitely have some Super Kleer available.

I agree with smurf on it being done fermenting and the movement will not let it clear well. SuperKleer will clear it pretty good in a few days but its better to let the lees compact for a week or a little longer so you can rack off or bottle from there without getting much sediment or losing much wine because of fluffy lees.

Latest posts

Back