Breakup

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
This is the latest "breakup" here in like 60 years. Last year I got stupid.

This year I am mad as hell, considering it will be snowing again in mid SEPT, we are shorted a month, but its all good.

LMFAO!

ROTFLMFAO!:dg

Troy

I've been working up here for a few years now (I actually live in Eagle River). Its a bummer to think we start losing daylight in about 4 weeks. It's nice to finally wear a t-shirt to work in the morning. Hopefully we will have a late snow this year.

Kevin

Last edited:
Here's the difference 4,000 miles makes...

82 here today, should be 92. Been a cool spring. It'll be 92 soon enough. It was nice to have a late spring with so many 80-degree days instead of the 90s starting off in early May as has been the pattern. Soon I will begin to look forward to fall again. I like it when November arrives and temps drop back into the 80s and then 70s. Maybe we will get an inch of snow in January. That would be a rare treat. We had just a couple of light dustings last winter.

We are on the Kenai and it's been the same here. We have a 4 acre Berry farm and all of the plants are about 2-3 weeks behind compared to the past 15 years.

ArcticSid
Where do you get your wine kits/juice/grapes from here in Fairbanks?
My wife and I are in the process of finding a house up here.

Thanks
Kevin

Latest posts

Back