Bottling Photos - UPDATED - More Photos...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter,

Didn't you just move to a new house recently? Are basements common in the area in which you live?

- Jim

I did just move into a new house, but basements are almost unheard of in the south. I think it is a frost line issue. Up north the frost line is about 4' down, and building codes require that the footings for the house go 12 - 14" below the frost lines to prevent frost heaving. If you are already down 5' you might as well go down 8' and put in the basement.

Here in the Memphis area the frost line is about 1" so it is pretty expensive to put in a basement. Houses here are all built on concrete slabs.

onin24eagle said:
Let's see a pic of the plasma...

Here you go, onin24eagle, your wish is my command:

20080310_114750_L1000600a.jpg

I took the liberty of building you a winerack for your room. Now take a fireplace surround and mantel and place aroung the winerack and enjoy the ambiance of a nice rack of wine aging while watching television.

20080310_123201_TVRack2_Medium.jpg

Joan....You are so creative......That's a wonderful wine rack, and it has so many nice bottles of wine.....Fits the room so well.

Could you build me a room for making wines????? Just something simple....double sink, storage for supplies, empty bottle storage...maybe a fermenting area and also a nice little aging area would be nice....
smiley4.gif

Do you have a 120' x 60' room?
smiley4.gif
There's no way I could fit all my stuff into anything smaller!

Great idea Joan. You used his own design wine racks! They were even at the right angle and perspective for the room and fit so nicely together! Always gotta show us mere mortals up !
smiley36.gif

TCB, awesome rule. Put 9 away and sample 9. I may use a similar rule.
Your wine looks wonderful!!!
smiley32.gif

well people i see a lot ofwine out there i guess the next exchange shouldn't be a problem,or do i dare make that statement,at any rate looks like the winter has been productive to a lot of you,great job all around

Latest posts

Back