Bottling Photos - UPDATED - More Photos...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised, here are some more pictures of my wine making area in the basement... (to see how it looked before, go back to the first post within this topic)...

This photo is after building the microwave cabinet and the under-counter cabinet for storing carboys, primary fermenters and other wine-making essentials:

20080226_100231_BASEMENT_01.JPG

This photo is after adding the cabinet doors and after the granite countertops and backsplash were installed (the countertop is one piece). The sink isblack granite and is 24" wide x 22" front to back and 10" deep. It has a pull-out faucet with a long hose and all this sure made it easy to rinse carboys, buckets and other stuff. Putting in 4 under-counter lights and 4light cans in the ceiling helped brighten up things considerably.

At this point I thought everything was completed:

20080226_100822_BASEMENT_02.JPG

As I said, I thought I was finishedat this point. After completing all this on Friday (02/15) my wife and I were sitting there looking at it and she said that it would look really good with some of the diamond/x-style wine racks above it.

We put a mirror behind the middle section and added some glass hangers/holders. NOW, it is finished (I think)...

Here's what we came up with:

20080226_101215_BASEMENT_03.JPG

20080226_101747_BASEMENT_04.JPG

This area works really well for me now. I bottled 60 bottles this weekend - Mosti Amarone Mondiale with Raisins and Swiss Chocolate Almond Port ( the Port in Bellissima bottles). I started a Mosti Pinot Noir and a Fantazia kit yesterday. It was so nice being able to do everything in one place. The old sink (a little bar sink) was so small I had to take a lot of stuff upstairs to the kitchen to clean and rinse). Then I had 2 areas to clean up. Now I just have the one and everything is pretty much together so I don't have to run up and down the stairs constantly...

Edited by: tcb54

That sure is one nice looking area you have put together to work in. Like you sais, it is a pleasure to work in such a nice area. Great job.

That looks like a nice place to work. Looks better than our house.

WOW!!! What an awesome area that is....many of us have to make do.

Thanks for sharing what is possible.....Looking at our unused family room in a different light.

That is so beautiful!!! How nice to have all you need in one place! Wonderful job!

Great job! I love the granite and the extra storage above just adds chrm to the area.
smiley32.gif

After having this less than 2 weeks now, I can't imagine how I ever managed without it. I racked a carboy just a little bit ago and it was so much easier than it was before.

We really love the "wine rack" above the cabinets, too.

I have a feeling you will be adding more wine racks before too long!
smiley4.gif

Joan, you are right! Today I filled it all the way up with the Amarone and Chocolate Port that I had bottled this weekend.

I don't really know where else I could add any racks here, so I guess I need to build another rack or twofor my other room.

How about one to the right of your wine room in front of the phone jack?

I did the next best thing... I mounted a 50" Plasma TV to the wall to the right of the phone jack. It won't store any wine, but it will give me something to do while I am making and drinking the wine I already have.
smiley1.gif

Edited by: tcb54

LOL That works too!

Can you build a long low rack below it on the floor?

I was actually thinking about putting one of those electric fireplace and mantels underneath the TV... it should throw the heat out and not up. The heat would be nice but the ambience would be even better. Anyone have any experience with those? Edited by: tcb54

tc, looks more like a wine drinking area. Very Very nice!!!!
Love theway everything looks!!!

Ramona

Thank you Ramona...

It's a wine-making, wine-storing, wine-drinking, poker-playing, guitar-picking, and now- TV-watching room!

Poker, plasmas, pickin', drinkin' and watchin' room. I'm jealous, and would love to have a dedicated room in my basement. I'm definitely going to add a spot in the basement to make wine. After only 4 kits, I'm already tired of running up and down the steps, and keeping all the stuff in like 3 places. I was going to buy a poker table, but think I want to get the wine room started first.

Let's see a pic of the plasma...

After 4 kits and you want a wine room? Onin24eagle, I hate to say this but... you are sooo hooked!!!
smiley4.gif

Congratulations!!

Latest posts

Back