Bottling Party

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cb_Sadie

Reaction score
Is anyone on this Forum going to George's Bottling Party tonight? I drove down from Oklahoma today and plan on going. I think it will be lots of fun and a chance to try some new wine. I forgot to bring my camera but I have one on my phone but the pictures won't be as good. Wade I might need your help posting them. I have been trying to post a picture for two days now and still have not got it figured out. I am using Photobucket to re-size but still having some trouble.

Cyndy

This is one of those times I wish I didn't live in Michigan. Have a great time though!

Brewgrrrl, I think that would be a far drive for you so I will just do some tasting for you...
smiley17.gif

Do some tasting for me as well. I'm in Tampa. I know .... George could just relocate here. Tampa's Fine Vine Wines - sounds good to me!
VC

vcasey said:
Do some tasting for me as well. I'm in Tampa. I know .... George could just relocate here. Tampa's Fine Vine Wines - sounds good to me!
VC

Maybe you could be his first franchise
smiley4.gif

Ill help you post them no problem, just send them over via email and pm me cause I dont check my email as often as I should but Im always on the forums.

The bottling party was a lot of fun last night. There were several people there to help. These are the wines that we bottled and got to try after all the work was done.

White

Green Apple Riesling - Village Vintner Summer Breeze
Gewurztraminier - Mosti Mondiale - Riserva Mondiale
Peach Chardonnay - Village Vintner Summer Breeze
Yakima Synergy II - Cellar Craft - Limited Release
Liebfraumilch - Village Vintner
Bourg Royal White - Village Vintner
Chardonnay
Winexpert Selection Estate
Banana Pineapple Viognier - R.J. Spagnols Orchard Breezin

Rose

Meritage Rouge - Cellar Craft - 6 Week
Wildberry White Zinfandel - Village Vintner Summer Breeze
Rose - Village Vintner
Orange Passion Fruit - RJS - Orchard Breezin

Red

Tempranillo/Cabernet Sauvignon - R.J. Spagnois - Restricted Quantity
Amarone - Mosti Mondiale - Meglioli
Rojo Grande - Mosti Mondiale - Meglioli
White Merlot - Cellar raft - 6 Week
Valpolicella - Mosti Mondiale - Renaissance
Cabernet Sauvignon - Cellar Craft - Showcase
Sicilian Syrah - R.J. Spagnols - En Primeur
Castel Del Papa - Village Vintner

People who I spoke to that like a dry red wine really liked the Tempranillo, Amarone, Valpolicella, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sicilian Syrah. We bought a Sicilian Syrah Kit. We wanted a Tempranillo but it was a restricted quantity so we could not get one.

The people who seemed to like sweeter wines really like the Banana Pineapple Viognier, Peach Chardonnay, Orange Passion Fruit, Rose, and the Yakima Syneryg II.

It was hard to pick three bottles to leave with because there were so many good ones.

One piece of equipment that George used to bottled all of this wine with was a Buon Vino Fill Jet Electric Bottle Filler. He has two different kinds. One stands on the floor ($299.00) and one that you can put on your counter top ($349.99). We timed how long it took to fill a bottle and it took 15 seconds. Anyone who bottles much wine I would highly recommend getting one of these. I know I am, or lets say my boyfriend will get one for his Christmas gift. George said they would both go on sell before. Christmas. I took pictures of this bottle filler with my phone and I will try and have Wade help me post my pictures.

George if you read this, I just want to say thanks for a great evening, all the good wine we got to try and the bottles we got to take with us. I will be at your next one.

Cyndy

great selection there...sounds like a really good time..thanks for all the details too

Sounds like a good time. I made a Spanish Tempranillo/Cabernet Sauvignon WE Limited Edition Kit in 2007. Believe it or not we have not tasted it yet. Plan to open a bottle next week.
VC

Sure Al, since some of you could not be there, well most of you, I wanted to make you feel like you were there.. :) still working on pictures..

VC, can't believe you have not tried it yet.. good of you, what will power..

I was there. It was my second bottling party. I ran the floor corker for 2-3 batches. Then I rigged the bottle and cork for our Guest Vendor. Fun times.

Latest posts

Back