Bottled a Cab.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott B

Reaction score
I Bottled a Orchard Breezin Acai Respberry Cabernet Sauvignon. It turned out good. I added 4 cups of sugar, half the f-pack at the startand Cab grape skins from another kit.(second use on the skins)

20091219_194158_Chic_1.jpg

20091219_194536_chic_2.jpg

11.8% but I can ee how you could see 14.8% or for that matter 44.8% WOW, now that would be some Port!
smiley36.gif

Thanks all for your nice words.
It is 11.8 abv. The type font was a little fancy!

Scott,
great looking label.
have you tasted the wine?
I have been debating with myself on getting this kit.

Greg,
Yes I have tasted the wine. Itis very good.
But it is a bit heavy on the Raspberry.

I have made 3 batches of the WE Island Mist Black Raspberry Merlot and it had just a lite taste of Raspberry.

That is a mighty fine looking batch of wine you have there!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif

I'm thinking about ordering one of those kits too and tweaking it. The addition of grape skins sounds good, but all I have are Primitivo grape skins from a RJSValpolicella kit (that I haven't even started yet) that I would like to use... would that work? (I'm not up to snuff on grape varieties). Did you freeze the skins in between uses? When you added the sugar to up the abv, did you add it in the form of simple syrup or did you just stir it inand let it dissolve in the juice concentrate?

Batavia,
Thanks for the kind words.
I think any skins will work. I use some Cab skins I had saved after doing another kit. Yes, I froze the skins until I need them. I wanted to add a little body into a thin kit. I do not remember how I did the suger. I have done it both ways. I think it works both ways.

Latest posts

Back