Bottle sulfiter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't put it on the tree. We set it in the bottom of the sink so we can be messy. Us not-so-tall folks wouldn't be able to use it way up there!
smiley36.gif

You just push it right on. Havent seen your name up here for awhile trashy, is everything ok over there?

Hey Wade.

I don't think I have that same tree. I'll double-check it.

I've been procrastinating. I've had an Amarone kit sitting here for a couple of months. Now I need to get it going before my special-order Gewurztraminer ships on March 5th!

smiley3.gif
smiley3.gif

Yes that could be the problem as the sulfiter is made by ferrari as is my bottle tree.

I've got 2 kinds of trees and they both fit different. I'll post pics later on the fitment of both. I have a tree like Wade, where I use the bottom cap, and another tree that fits the 3 holes in the bottom of the sulfiter.

Sulfiter and bottle tree should land on the porch soon along with some much needed sanitiser. I got the economy tree so mine probably won't fit together but those look pretty handy like that.

It seems like everyplace you look there is plenty of info till you get to bottling.

What ratio and sulfite agent is the most common?

Edited by: Mike777

3 tablespoons of k-meta to one gallon of water for sanitizing and the
same for sodium meta. 1/4 tsp per 6 gallons of wine for aging.

Thanks Wade. Still so new that i'm getting these confused. Got S-meta coming. Some K-meta i'm holding back, in case we spring for long corks.

I LOVE my bottle tree and my sulfiter, makes the cleaning process much easier. I leave mine on the table instead of the tree as I am vertically chalenged as well. On the floor is not an option either due to the dogs.

I also lack the coordination to have mine on top of the tree! I can see Bert yelling, "Timber!!" and the tree topples over while I'm sanitizing!
smiley36.gif
I like mine at the height I get when it's in the sink. Just right for those of us who aren't too tall!

Worked great! I was a little messy till I got it figured out but I think we will work it in the sink anyways.

Good call on this one.

I see it works as a vinator? when would you do this? I used it for the 5 bottles in the cube but just to sanitise.

You know I asked that question when I first started making wines and
never got an answer as to why you would even do it to begin with.

I had my hands full and needed to set the sterilised carboy down somewhere that was clean...... works pretty good.

20070418_133827_sulfiter.jpg

20070418_133559_carboy_holder.jpg

Edited by: Mike777

Thats a good price. They want $16 at the local and we pay 8 almost 9 percent in tax. We just live in such a small place that I have to be careful how much stuff I get and if we have storage.

Just remember, winemaking stuff takes 1st dibs over clothes and pots and pans.

after you guys use the vinator and go to the tree with the bottles how long do you wait before putting wine in them? can you go straignt to bottling still a little wet or do you let them dry

I just start with the bottom row and bottle as soon as I have sanitized enough bottles for the batch. I don't worry if they are dry or not.

Latest posts

Back