Bottle delabeling week!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Well I have to delabel all the bottles I have to bottle up all my wine
so that I can clear out my basement for the 16th as the desftruction
crew will be coming. I did 40 last night have have another 40 soaking
right now. I hate delabeling with a passion! I have my bathtub full of
bottles and B-Brite. Between that and a razor blade it works good but
still very time consuming. I should have started this awhile ago but Im
a fly by the poants kinda guy ya know!

Ahhh demolition! That would be more fun than delabeling. Maybe you can sucker- errrrr- talk the demo crew into trading jobs. I know you have been "Wade-ing" a long time for this. Can't wait to see some pictures of the progress
smiley4.gif

More like "Wade-ing" in the baesment to get to my wines. The flow has
already started today from the rain we're getting. Chance of Sleet or
snow tonight!
smiley11.gif

We've had heavy rain all day except when it changed to sleet, back to rain, back to sleet , back to rain and now snow.They say about 4-6 inches here , more east of Lake Champlain(I would prefer them to be wrong myself).

Yes, its getting very old now but I do love the first big snow of the year!

Im right there with ya wade. My niece and her husband stopped by Wiedeker winery last week and bought me back 20 cases of bottles that I have been delabeling. I have them all done but 6......grrrrrr I hate it too but having free bottles lessens the pain somewhat

Sure does buddy. How many bottles at a time do you do? I get about 40 in the tub at once. Thank God for 2 bathrooms!

I'm doing a big push right now too as it looks like I'll be bottling about 200 this weekend. I have 3 or 4 more cases to go. I do 26 bottles at a time. I do 26 because they fit in the Wal-Mart tubI use to soak them and that's how many will fit in my dishwasher comfortably.

We cleaned out the home winery and found 28 cases of empties. I need to invent a way to clean them fast and easy. I could retire off of that invention!

Now George

What a problem to have, to just find 28 cases of empties lying around the house. That would mean at some point they might have been full. We are hitting all the bottle depots trying to get enough for all that we are doing. We are keeping about two batches ahead.

Grant

28 cases of empties, someones back slacking in the winemaking department!
smiley36.gif
Do you have to clean all those for the bottling party?

We have been cheating lately and using new bottles everytime. As a result, the used bottles have been building up at home. My wife and I drink share one bottle a night and we have some neighbors that leave their empties outside of our garage.

10 of the cases are 1500 ml, which we hardly ever drink and therefore, hardly ever use. Consequently, I just realized that we have several cases of bottled 1500's that are probably 2-5 years old. Will have to open some up just to check them out.

I'm comng at the end of the month George I'll be happy to take the 1500's (empty or full
smiley36.gif
). We open 1-2 bottles a nite and more on the weekends (we just put in a deck, hot tub and fire pit so we have lots of company every weekend).

The bottle cleaning device has been invented. It cost ~$9,000 and some brew shops have em and rent em out for customers to come by and clean out bottles. And yes,I did consider one but I don't know where to put it yet
smiley17.gif

Like I like to say, "There is absolutely, positively, no substitute for dumb luck!"
smiley9.gif

I'll put that piece of equipment on the wish list, but it won't hit the top 10 for quite some time!

You are welcome to the 1500's. When we prep the bottles for the party, I will set you the cases aside. Hope you don't mind, but you will have to clean them yourself. Always remember, I am a lazy wine maker!
smiley9.gif
I love to make wine, but I have never been into cleaning, much less cleaning and sanitizing. If in doubt, just ask the wife.

I have seen that before and used it. It is a wonderful contraption and when we upgrade the store, it is on the list. Look how easy it cleans carboys.

As an aside, I have considered selling purified water when I get a real retail store. Those outlets really do some volume and I can use the equipment for my wine making. I could call myself "Wine and Water".

wade said:
Sure does buddy. How many bottles at a time do you do? I get about 40 in the tub at once. Thank God for 2 bathrooms!
I do about 3 cases at a time wade. I have one of those huge plastic storage tubs from wally world that I use to soak off the labels and then I have two of the laundry tubs I use for actual washing and rinsing.

Latest posts

Back