Blueberry F Pac - RW Knudsen "Just Blueberry"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfick

Junior
Reaction score
I have 4.5 gallons of dry blueberry wine (~15% alc) that is a little thin on taste. Has anyone ever simmered down the R.W. Knudsen 'Just Blueberry' juice to add some flavor as a f pac? How much should I add? I bought 3 QTs this afternoon... I added campden and sorbate yesterday, all ready to go, I believe. Was kind of planning to simmer down 2QTs by 60%, add a small touch of sugar, and rack it all together.

As a follow up, I did just what I said. Reduced two QTs of Just Blueberry down by 50%, mixed in about 1/4 cup of sugar, and racked together with my wine. Added a lot of flavor and body. Back into aging she goes... Be interesting to see where it is in a month or 10.

http://www.homewinery.com/cgi-bin/concen.cgi

I use this stuff. Tell them on ordering that you do not want yeast or nutrient, just the concentrate. You can freeze it in smaller containers for use as a back-flavoring. No need for all the work reducing juices, and it is reasonable when viewed as an adjunct by the gallon of wine. Also good for making wine!

Just picked up some of that concentrate to back sweeten my blueberry port.

FWIW, I was a couple quarts short on volume when I started fermentation and used Knudsen's to fill the gap.

Latest posts

Back