blueberry DRY! question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCMOMMA

Junior
Reaction score
I am making a blueberry wine recipie. Do i HAVE TO ADD SUGAR OR will it work with just the sugar from the fruit. I want it to be dry. Thanks

Have you checked the gravity? The gravity (brix) is very low in blueberry. For any alcohol and flavor you need a gravity of 1.080. Yes, you will need to add sugar. Do not try to make wine withought a hydrometer.

Have you checked the gravity? The gravity (brix) is very low in blueberry. For any alcohol and flavor you need a gravity of 1.080. Yes, you will need to add sugar. Do not try to make wine withought a hydrometer.

Yup - i agree with Tom - you will need a hydrometer to see what the SG is and how much sugar to add to get to an SG around 1.080 - 1.085,

I also agree that you should have a hydrometer to know what you are doing especially with making fruit wines where unlike grapes they almost always require sugar addition to get to an exceptable sugar level.

Latest posts

Back