blueberry DRY! question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCMOMMA

Junior
Reaction score
I am making a blueberry wine recipie. Do i HAVE TO ADD SUGAR OR will it work with just the sugar from the fruit. I want it to be dry. Thanks

Have you checked the gravity? The gravity (brix) is very low in blueberry. For any alcohol and flavor you need a gravity of 1.080. Yes, you will need to add sugar. Do not try to make wine withought a hydrometer.

Have you checked the gravity? The gravity (brix) is very low in blueberry. For any alcohol and flavor you need a gravity of 1.080. Yes, you will need to add sugar. Do not try to make wine withought a hydrometer.

Yup - i agree with Tom - you will need a hydrometer to see what the SG is and how much sugar to add to get to an SG around 1.080 - 1.085,

I also agree that you should have a hydrometer to know what you are doing especially with making fruit wines where unlike grapes they almost always require sugar addition to get to an exceptable sugar level.

Back