Blossom Ridge Vineyards

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying this again w/ file name changed.

20101102_111128_SS_Table_Wines.jpg

Can see it now!

I see you use the high tech carboy labeling system also
smiley2.gif

Almost time to rack off the gross lees, eh?

Cool stucco effect. I like it!

OK - you guys have inspired me with all your terrific labels. Two of my wineswill be bottled by Christmas, theMarquette Rose`& Cayuga-Vignoles. Here are the labels for them. Not sure what the RS will be yet, but,will adjust the labels accordingly.
20101121_140601_Betty_Lou_Blush.jpg

20101121_140753_Betty_Lou_Blush.jpg

20101121_140943_Cayuga-Vignoles.jpg

looking great! you are really on your way now! and one last thing...what a pretty lady!!!!

Haven't posted anything on the forum in quite some time. Thought I'd give a little update. We've gotten the same challenging weather here in NE Indiana that many others have reported. Therewere 2 flash floods in 2 consecutive weeks with 3" downed within 60 minutes both times. Was very glad that the vineyard is planted on the highest slope on the farm.
Haven't been able to till the garden yet as the ground is still too soggy. But, the good news is that the vines lookbetter than they ever have. Kathy has gotten onto an improved spraying schedule and the results are dramatic. She still won't listen to the PPE advice ya'll have suggested. I just make sure I'm away from home when she's poisoning herself
smiley5.gif

I tryed to post a few pics but for some reason the server won't allow it.

Bonnie make sure the pictures aren't too large or have any special characters in the name of the file. It should work.

Sorry you have wet weather also. We will likely break our all time wettest month we set last month. I need another .25 inches and more storms over the next few days are predicted. Two months in a row over 8 inches makes any soil soggy...............

Pics taken May 28th.

Vidal, Traminette, Marquette waking up
20110611_145841_Marquette_Trami.jpg

Marquette Vine

20110611_145939_MarquetteVine.jpg

Marquette Clusters

20110611_150051_MarquetteCluste.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Bonnie Joy - but May 28, today is June 10th- that was two weeks ago they have probably grown 2-3 feet in that time!

Here ya go, pictures hot off the press. Nope they haven't grown as fast as 2 -3 feet, but are filling out more.

Traminette Row
20110611_160728_Traminette_Row_.jpg

Traminette in Full Bloom
20110611_160848_Traminette_Jun1.jpg

Marquette with grape clusters
20110611_160948_Marquette_Jun11.jpg

Very impressive, Bonnie. The plastic tile around the base of the posts is to inhibit rotting, I presume. Looks like re-bar for stakes for the vines. What is the material in the wires? Looks very heavy (which is good).

Nice job!

Thanks for the compliments. We've had a steep learning curve and finally have vines we're not ashamed to post pictures of. The tiles around the posts are to protect them from getting chewed up by our high wheeled weed whacker. All the wires are 12.5 GA, but, fruiting wires are Hi Tensile Steel and the VSP catch wires are either Poly or Nylon (got it @ Orchard Valley). The vine stakes vary between bamboo and vinyl coated rebar.

Latest posts

Back