Blending wine and juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wzazdzez

Reaction score
If I add small amounts of fruit juice to wine right before bottling do I need to be concerned about the exporation date of the juice?

As long as the juice hasn't already expired you're OK.

Don't forget to sorbate the wine prior to adding the juice or the sugar in the juice will ferment.

There's a sticky on how to make an f-pac, which is what you're essentially doing. I would follow those instructions.

First off did you stabilize with k-meta and sorbate? This is a must! I am not an expert but I think the juice would be protected as long as your sulfite levels were as high as it should be.

Thanks for the info. I'm new here and I'm lovin' this place. I've found somewhere where I belong. And maybe the wife won't have to listen to me talk quit as much about making wine.

Adding that juice will probably cloud up the wine. Usually you would add it after the wine has finished and been stabilized, so it can all settle and clear together. If you don't mind,though, it won't hurt the flavor.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back