Blend wine bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineYooper

Reaction score
Bottled up a blend of 11# cranberry, 11.5# blackberry, & 7.5# rasp. Backsweetened to 1.005 with simple sugar syrup and thought it was pretty decent, not dry and not to sweet, somewhat neutral. Taste was good to me and was surprised when my better half sampled and said she thought it was the best I had made so far. Doesn't matter too much what I think, as you know if they are happy I'm happy.

When the wife and I first started this little hobby, we liked the wine back sweetened to around 1.020, but as a little time when by, we find it much better at 1.008. I guess the taste buds have "matured" a little, but when I go back and tastes some of the first wines I made, I feel the need to pour it over my biscuits rather than drink it. :D

Congrats ... another one bottled and in storage means a empty carboy.

I guess the taste buds have "matured" a little, but when I go back and tastes some of the first wines I made, I feel the need to pour it over my biscuits rather than drink it. :D

It's funny how that happens ... I use to drink off dry and semi-sweet. Now it has to be dry as the Sahara for me. My wife is getting close to that point as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back