Blackberry Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgansw

Junior
Reaction score
My wife has asked me to make a Blackberry Chardonnay, but I have not been able to find a blackberry chardonnay kit. Up to now, I have only made wine from the basic kits without adding fruit or anything else to it, but I am ready to try. What I would like to end up with is a chardonnay wine with a hint of blackberry flavor rather than a blackberry fruit wine. Does anyone have a good recipe or any tips or advice for making this wine? Thanks

My suggestion would be to make a Chardonnay kit, & a blackberry wine, then blend doing bench tests with different ratios. The home winery supply in Dundee Mi has a blackberry concentrate that makes 5 gals for $32 plus shipping. I've made over 35 gals of their Blackberry Wine in the last 3 years. We like it straight, & blended with Cab, merlot, Elderberry & Blueberry. Roy

You can always add some blackberry extract (or more your own blackberry syrup) and add it to some Chardonnay. Regardless, you will want to do some bench trials to make sure of what you like.

Another option would be to make the Chardonnay, then add blackberries to your secondary. Or blackberry concentrate.

Blackberry Chardonnay.. I think I would make a Chardonnay kit, and make a strong blackberry and then slowly blend the two, until it taste like you want.
Since the two are opposite in color..you may get a blush/rose,depending on how much of the darker color wine you blend with.

Back