Blackberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks to be done fermenting. Unfortunately......... I think I added too much water. This may be my first fail. Maybe a really potent F-Pak? We'll give it time.

Unfortunately......... I think I added too much water.

Too much water? Did your SG drop? If so, some inverted sugar could raise it up a bit. Nothing wrong with making extra. It'll come in handy when you need to top off.

Too much water? Did your SG drop? .

To much water at the begining. My starting sg was ~1.075. It is now sitting at .990 so fermentation is done. I am letting gravity do its thing for a few days then I'll rack it this weekend. I just have a feeling it's going to be really thin.

If it is thin, an ounce of glycerin per gallon of wine should help. Some LHBSs sell blackberry extract to help if an F-Pac can't do it all.

Keep good notes on what you did and next time you can alter after you get a taste of this down the road. I will be bottling mine next week after a year bulk ageing and will see how it compares to my first batch. I'm expect it will be better since I used twice as many berries but the large water addition may come in to play. I will still enjoy and adjust this year.

Latest posts

Back