Baton rouge guy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batonrougeguy

Reaction score
New guy to the forum....

My very first wine was a Riesling from a kit,made it dry
and we drank it up.

The 2nd one I carefully picked for 11 hours over a few days and ended up with about 60 pounds.So I did 2 batches one was 3 gallon sweet red wine it was ok,but the 2nd one I used pectin enzyme and broke down all the skins and ended up at 16%.It was so good I only got to drank 2-3 gallons out of almost 6 probably 5.5.

After making I joined the crescent city homebrewers club in New Orleans
Louisiana and brought one bottle to sign up and pay dues,the bottle was empty 7 minutes after arriving and I got there 7 minutes early.

Since then I have made 6 gallons of loquat wine,you can find 50 pounds on one tree in 2-3 hours of picking.It is ok

I have also read alot about whiskey mashes and got to meet a PRO distiller in NOLA that was so nice to run my mashes and I payed the tax on them,
and some distilled Riesling which I got a whole bottle from 2 gallons of wine
Aged 1-2 in lots of dark oak chips and man I love it.

So if you read all of these I am looking for someone that needs help at there winery,or if you have a couple tons and we have to do it the old fashion way thats cool.Looking for something in the next couple weeks

Sounds like you have been busy (and successful).

Welcome to the forum.

Laissez les bon temps rouler, y'all!
From the right side of Texas.

Welcome aboard. I live down the road in Gonzales. Work in Baton Rouge. Glad to see a local here.

Sure would be nice to have some of my muscadine wine distilled. how much were the taxes?

Back