Other Barolo kit recommendation...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabiola

Reaction score
I never made a kit of barolo but I want to try it for the first time, can someone recommend me a good, good, good, delicious kit that you had made?

I have had a couple of bottles of commercial Barolo and it just wasn't my cup of tea......

That said you have several choices with Mosti Mondial and even an Eclipse WE with grape skins as well to choose from.

I tried a bottle of the Mosti Meglioli and Masters and have to say they were both the best kit wines Ive ever had to drink. I have the Impressions in aging right now and so far its damn good but still a little early to sing a song about it.

It's still aging, but I tasted the Selection Series Barolo that I made and I am liking how it's turning out so far. Not a terribly expensive kit either, more midrange I guess.

Fabiola, there are a number of good Barolo ktis out there, many mentioned above. The key to this variety is aging. You have to be patient and understand that you will probably not be enjoying this wine for 2 years or so. Good luck with your choice.

Fabiola, there are a number of good Barolo ktis out there, many mentioned above. The key to this variety is aging. You have to be patient and understand that you will probably not be enjoying this wine for 2 years or so. Good luck with your choice.

Yea I read in previous threads about barolo not being a young wine and I am willing to wait, that's why I am asking for a recommendation, that would suck if after a long wait I find out the wine is not that good... at least you know you are waiting for something very good to come... thank you everyone for the recommendation...

Just racked the RJS Grand Cru Intl Barolo with "Genuwine" grape skins and seeds. Took a taste, very pleased with the body as compared to RJS Grand Cru 10 L kits. Nice tannins, decent finish so far. Plan to bulk for 6 months.

Longtrain, I have to agree with you that the Brand Cru Barolo was thin. It was 1 of my very first red wine kits I made and it tasted like colored water and I ended up giving it all away!

Racked the RJS Barolo Intl with Genuwine skins today, very nice, I am pleased at this point. Going to let it sit until April, rack once more and bottle.
Would buy this kit again. Medium priced ~ $90 or so.

Back