WineXpert australian cabernet/shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctshep97

Reaction score
<TABLE border=2 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=5 width="100%" ="maintable">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>3266</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Description</TD>
<TD>

Australian Cabernet/Shiraz

Cabernet Sauvignon's intensity compliments the fruity &amp; chocolate Shiraz flavors for a rich, complex &amp; hearty wine.

15 litres of premium grape juice and concentrate and ingredients, equipment sold separately. Makes 30 - 750ml Bottles (6 gallons).

Winexpert™ wines are made from only the finest 100% varietal grape juice and grape concentrates from among the world’s premier vineyards. Many kits include specially chosen toasted oak chips for barrel-aged character and increased depth.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Current Price</TD>
<TD>$115.99</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Status</TD>
<TD>Stocked</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Order</TD>
<TD>Order</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Picture</TD>
<TD>
wsi_red_lg.jpg
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Flavor</TD>
<TD>Cabernet Sauvignon/Shiraz Blend</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Brand</TD>
<TD>Selection International</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Manufacturer's Description</TD>
<TD>The blend that made Australia famous. Cabernet Sauvignon’s structural intensity perfectly complements the ripe fruit and chocolate flavors of Shiraz, for rich, complex and hearty red wine of outstanding character. Big, bold and dark – a luxurious treat.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Sweetness</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>F-Pack</TD>
<TD>N</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Type </TD>
<TD>Toasted &amp; French </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Intensity </TD>
<TD>3</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Minimum Recomended Aging </TD>
<TD>3 - 6 Months</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Wine Peaks At </TD>
<TD>2 - 3 years </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
just got kit winexpert selection international australian cabernet shiraz and opened the box and i noticed it has 4 packs of oak powder, was wondering is this correct? just want to make sure before i put all of it in and ruin it.the last chardonnay i did had 2 packs of oak chips,but this is a powder and 4 of them. any ideas?? t
<TABLE border=2 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=5 width="100%" ="maintable">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>3266</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Description</TD>
<TD>

Cabernet Sauvignon's intensity compliments the fruity &amp; chocolate Shiraz flavors for a rich, complex &amp; hearty wine.

15 litres of premium grape juice and concentrate and ingredients, equipment sold separately. Makes 30 - 750ml Bottles (6 gallons).

Winexpert™ wines are made from only the finest 100% varietal grape juice and grape concentrates from among the world’s premier vineyards. Many kits include specially chosen toasted oak chips for barrel-aged character and increased depth.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Current Price</TD>
<TD>$115.99</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Status</TD>
<TD>Stocked</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Order</TD>
<TD>Order</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Picture</TD>
<TD>
wsi_red_lg.jpg
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Flavor</TD>
<TR>
<TD>Brand</TD>
<TR>
<TD>The blend that made Australia famous. Cabernet Sauvignon’s structural intensity perfectly complements the ripe fruit and chocolate flavors of Shiraz, for rich, complex and hearty red wine of outstanding character. Big, bold and dark – a luxurious treat.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Sweetness</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>F-Pack</TD>
<TD>N</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Type </TD>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Intensity </TD>
<TD>3</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD>Wine Peaks At </TD>

<T>
<TR>
<TD>3266</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Description</TD>
<TD>

<TR>
<TD>Current Price</TD>
<TD>$115.99</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Status</TD>
<TD>Stocked</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Order</TD>
<TD>Order</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Picture</TD>
<TD>
wsi_red_lg.jpg
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Flavor</TD>
<TR>
<TD>Brand</TD>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD>Sweetness</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>F-Pack</TD>
<TD>N</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Type </TD>
<TR>
<TD>Oak Intensity </TD>
<TD>3</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD>Wine Peaks At </TD>

If you read the description, it has both French andToasted Oak in it - I believe two packets of each. This kit is meant to be oaky and since the powder goes in at the beginning, it is only in there for about a week. I made this kit to instructions and it is great. I believe Joan won a medal or two with this at the NYS Fair- correct me if I'm wrong Joan.

I've made 2 WE Selection Estate kits with 4 bags of oak powder, Napa SLD Merlot, CabFranc/Merlot, and the 2008 LE South African Cab had 4.

The Aussie Cab/Shiraz should be a great kit. I'll look forward to hearing your impressions!

Back