ATTENTION JohnT....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan YOU are bad! I think Julie should put YOU in the corner.

Sammyk, I keep putting him in the corner but he has too much fun there and I have to kick him out!

===========================================
Sorry for the last response. The last thing I remember (before
passing out) was getting a message from runningwolf. My memory
is a bit foggy after that...
===========================================

Thanks Dan our granddaughter loves Welch's so I did print the coupons and mail them to our daughter.

Thanks Dan our granddaughter loves Welch's so I did print the coupons and mail them to our daughter.

You printed coupons off of the internet and mailed them? Personally I would have emailed the link to her...

I was sending her a box of "goodies" and no, it was not wine, they do not drink for religious reasons.

Sammyk said:
I was sending her a box of "goodies" and no, it was not wine, they do not drink for religious reasons.

That is so sad. My family does not drink for religious reasons either. In fact I'm an ordained minister and have to "hide" my drinking and winemaking both from my immediate family and from some people in the church where I minister .

They would be deeply offended if they knew that I indulge in the wicked and evil practice of winemaking. I guess they would have been deeply offended by Jesus' first miracle as well.... It saddens me that I don't get to share my wine with them.

Even my water kefir and kombucha raises their eyebrows.

I've tried to have a rational discussion with a few of them, but they swear Jesus only drank grape juice or that the wine they drank was "less alcoholic" I tried to explain to them that potassium sulfite/sorbate and other preservatives hadn't been discovered yet and neither had pasteurization.

And also that the technology to brew low alcohol content beverages didn't exist in his time and alcohol was one of the only preservatives they had... It was like I was speaking a foreign language.

Last edited:
That is so sad. My family does not drink for religious reasons either. In fact I'm an ordained minister and have to "hide" my drinking and winemaking both from my immediate family and from some people in the church where I minister .

They would be deeply offended if they knew that I indulge in the wicked and evil practice of winemaking. I guess they would have been deeply offended by Jesus' first miracle as well.... It saddens me that I don't get to share my wine with them.

Even my water kefir and kombucha raises their eyebrows.

I've tried to have a rational discussion with a few of them, but they swear Jesus only drank grape juice or that the wine they drank was "less alcoholic" I tried to explain to them that potassium sulfite/sorbate and other preservatives hadn't been discovered yet and neither had pasteurization.

And also that the technology to brew low alcohol content beverages didn't exist in his time and alcohol was one of the only preservatives they had... It was like I was speaking a foreign language.

It's a shame mist people dont know what the bible actually says. Drinking a little

Wine is not only not a sin at one point one of the passages actualky states to drink wine with your meal to help your stomach (I assume digestion). Also Jesus did state in one instance that they had him labled as a drunkard because he did drink a little wine.

The only way that drinking becomes a sinis if you drink to excess or to cause a fellow believer to stumble.

I'm actually glad to know you are a minister and a wine maker. It shows that you actually read the bible unlike some ive seen that were taught something and continue to spout garbage that is not even in the Bible.

dralarms said:
It's a shame mist people dont know what the bible actually says. Drinking a little Wine is not only not a sin at one point one of the passages actualky states to drink wine with your meal to help your stomach (I assume digestion). Also Jesus did state in one instance that they had him labled as a drunkard because he did drink a little wine. The only way that drinking becomes a sinis if you drink to excess or to cause a fellow believer to stumble. I'm actually glad to know you are a minister and a wine maker. It shows that you actually read the bible unlike some ive seen that were taught something and continue to spout garbage that is not even in the Bible.

Yeah it gets pretty crazy. The church crowd can be so religious instead of relationship oriented like Jesus was. I don't mind telling someone that something is wrong in their life, but I'm probably going to start building a relationship with them based on mutual love and respect first.

And our church isn't one of those weird seeker sensitive churches that refuses to admit that sin and hell exists. We preach sin and redemption. But we don't make people feel like they have to be a part of the "in" crowd and wear a suit and tie to get into heaven.

A lot of the church folk around here (not usually the ones from our church though) will judge and condemn a person for having piercings or a tattoo and wearing jeans. Much less if there's eeevil alcohol involved. The prohibition wrecked this place for decades to come.

It saddens us the religious route our daughter has taken. Because she is a grown woman with her own family (step kids), we accept it for our only grand child (the only one we will ever have). BUT it does not mean we like it. It is not your "run of the mill" religion either. Enough said!

I am a catholic. Wine is at the center of our most sacred religious rite. Wine represents the blood of Jesus himself. Can't imagine how wine is considered evil. That would be like saying that we are a satanic cult.

One thing that I am sure of... Jesus never drank welches!

I am a catholic. Wine is at the center of our most sacred religious rite. Wine represents the blood of Jesus himself. Can't imagine how wine is considered evil. That would be like saying that we are a satanic cult.

One thing that I am sure of... Jesus never drank welches!

Well, I'll have To give you that . :)

dralarms said:
Well, I'll have To give you that . :)

I donno.... The Muslims destroyed all of the Israel's indigenous grape species in the 7th century to keep them from making wine. For all we know they could have all been variations of the concord.

I am a sinner because I drink and get drunk, say some. But I can't hear their judgmental gnashing of teeth because I am sleeping it off. :)

I donno.... The Muslims destroyed all of the Israel's indigenous grape species in the 7th century to keep them from making wine. For all we know they could have all been variations of the concord.

Interesting fact about the Muslims surrounding Israel and the Jewish population. They are the most closely related separate races in the world, genetically. It speaks volumes, I think.

Back