Ascorbic Acid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaluba

Reaction score
anybody know if i can use the ascorbic acid from the drug store if so i can start today

If you have some on order and are expecting it anyday, I would wait and be safe. You don't need to add it at the very beginning, just as soon as you can.

next question the apple juice im gonna get has ascorbic acid added to it but nothin else. Will that work?

Generally it is alright, but you really won't know how much is in it. If it has it in there already, go easy on any more additions.

will the fermentation or anything mess up the ascorbic acid in it. I understand what youre saying too. Its better to know what you haave from the get go. Is there a way to measure the ascorbic acid?

I don't think it will mess anything up for you. It's there to keep it from turning icky looking.

what kind of window will i have if i dont add anymore ascor acid before it turns bad?

If you have started fermentation it will not go bad without the ascorbic acid. Since it was already added you probably don't even need it. You could add it at a half rate of directions on the bag/bottle and have enough to keep it from browning.

Latest posts

Back