are these corks worth using?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaches9324

Reaction score
I got some VS1 corks included in my cab kit I got from ebay and was wondering if I used them for cellaring, how long are they good for? Or should I just purchase more in exchange for the cheaper kit like I normally do?

Hi Kay, if you are talking about the "VS1 Premium," they are all I use. I mean the #9, 1 3/4" long which I buy on Amazon for about $80 per 1000. They work fine for me although I should say that nothing in my cellar is more than 3 years old. Make sure they are #9's, which are approximately 7/8" in diameter.

100_0693.jpg

100_0694.jpg

I usually purchase better quality than any of the corks that come in the cheaper kits. I recently found some corks from a winery supplier out of the NAPA valley, all ink stamped for the Blackhawk winery in Indiana (??). Very high quality appearance, picked up 350 corks for $15.

I use what comes with a cheep kit. After all how long are you going to age a cheep kit?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Rocky they look just like that except they don't have premium marked on it. Gawdog I tweaked this kit and it turned out pretty good was wanting to keep it around a while if I can go without gifting and drinking it all:) Jerry was thinking about using the Nomacorc Synthetic corks thanks for the replies

Gawdog I tweaked this kit and it turned out pretty good was wanting to keep it around a while if I can go without gifting and drinking it all:)

When you figure this one out let me know!!!!!!!:slp

Latest posts

Back