Appleman needs your help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grapeman

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. As some of you remember my wife was ill on our Anniversary this year on July 1. After many tests, x-rays ,scans, blood tests, etc. they found she has many gall stones, one which was blocking the duct into the intestines. She had to see a doctor for that and before they did anything, it moved on it's own. They said her gall bladder needs to come out. They found female problems which turned out to be nothing much. Then they found she has a large kidney stone almost an inch across in the kidney. She saw the urologist today again and he will try to use a laser to break it up next month. He is hoping to do a basket extraction on the other stone in the ureter. They have all been fighting over who gets to do what first. The poor dear has been working every day and since her employer found this out, they have increased her work load. The surgeon won out and she is to have a laproscopic gall bladder surgery tomorrow morning to remove it.

This leads me to the needed help from you all. Nothing big to do, just say a little prayer for her tonight and wish her a speedy recovery on the first step to recovery.

Thanks everyone, I know I can count on you all. You are the best bunch around!
smiley31.gif

Richard, To help ease your anxiety's over this procedure, it has been simplified over the past few years to an almost basic procedure. Although still considered major surgery, the recovery time has been decreased considerably.

I hope all goes well for both of you tomorrow and in te future with the stones.

My thoughts and prayers will be with both you, God Bless.

Appleman,
Sending you prayers and groovy vibes to you and your wife through this difficult time!

Hang in there!

Bovine

Please know that I will be rooting for Mrs. Appleman's successful surgery and recovery. I'll be asking the Big Guy to grant her minimal pain and quick healing.

As someone who has had 3 kidney stones in the past, my prayers are with you 2. I have never passed 1 thank goodness. I just know the feeling of it going through your body and being curled up in a ball in front of the hospital for 1 1/2 hours sweating like crazy in my truck but it hurt so bad that I couldnt move.

Prayers are going out your way....the Power of Prayers can lift the pain and make recovery much quicker....

I had that surgery done, 4 tiny little scars on the belly...one for the camera, one for the gas to blow up your abdomen, one for the tool and they work throughthe other hole...Pretty amazing. I had one problem stone that was working into my liver, so that solved the problem of why my liver was so swollen....very painful...she will be much better after surgery.

She should come through this just fine and with all our prayers she will be back to normal soon....Then they can take care of her other problems...One at a time.....

It's amazing how many body parts we can have removed and still live a normal life....

Appleman & Mrs Appleman you are in my prayers . Good luck and a speedy recovery

Harry

Appleman
I hope everything goes well for you wife and that she has a speedy recovery. She will be in our prayers.

I've had the basket extraction of a kidney stone, and I'm currently having trouble with my own gall bladder, so I feel her pain.
smiley26.gif

We will keep your wife in our prayers.We pray for a speedy recovery!

Will have her in my prayers appleman for a successful surgery and a quick recovery

Apple and Mrs. Apple,

I'll be thinking of you and praying that all will be fine. And praying that she gets a new boss too.

Ramona

I'm sending my very best thoughts your way, Mrs. Applewoman! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Well I have the Mrs. Apple home. After a couple hour nap she is sitting up and having some broth. The surgery went well and she now joins the ranks of everyone missing her gallbladder. Her surgery had been changed to 9:15 AM and we had to be there for 7:15. I heard the Fire Siren going off this morning shortly before going to the hospital. One of the hospitals nurses was in an accident on the way home. They had to operate on the nurse as an emergency- even Cindy's doctor. They bumped her 4 slots for an operating room. She finally made it into surgery shortly after noon.

All is well now for the time being. Now onto the kidney stones in about a month. The largest is going on one inch across- I doubt that one will move on it's own, but there is another one on it's way down. That's after she passed one last weekend! I've had dozens of them myself and they aren't much fun. Had two basket extractions, one lipotripsy, one removed during a cystoscopy and countless smaller ones. The first time I had one it was too large to leave the kidney on it's own and caused bleeding for two months before the pain,nausea and fainting sent me to the ER! I think I remember seeing Wade parked out front writhing in pain
smiley36.gif

Thankyou so much everyone for your support!
smiley31.gif

I was afraid to post what I had wrote thinking that I was a baby since I dont know anyone that had 1 personally. Fainting huh Richard!

Glad she's home and on the road to recovery....can't recall...but I think I spent a night in the hospital...

Then afterward I was really sick with stomach pains...I went back to the surgeon and told him he had taken out the wrong thing...they did an endoscopy and found I had stomach ulcers from the pain pills and antibiotics....bad combo for me....then recovered fine.

Hope she gets strong and gets the rest of her 'diamonds and pearls' removed.

Hi Appleman

Wife had one last month and I know what kind of pain she was in.
Hope all is ok now and you are at her beck and call. Maybe we
should send her a bell. Wadda ya think about that?
She can tinkle when she needs you. hummmmmmmmmmm!!! Our prayers
are with the both of you to get stronger, less pain and fast
recovery. I know that prayers work - just keep lookin up!!!

rrawhide

Glad to hear that she is home and that everything went well for her after the short delay, I'm sure a nail bitting few hour wait as well.

I hope and pray for her, a speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Back