APPLE CRISP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
This is a good one to use up a few of those apples that are so plentiful this time of the year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~APPLE CRISP~~~~~~~~~~~

CRUST:
1 cup flour
5 Tablespoon powdered sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter [soft]

Mix together and press into 9X9" pan. Bake 350* for 10 minutes.

FILLING:
6 or so apples [peeled and cut]
2 Tablespoons flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon

TOPPING:
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar

Mix and sprinkle on top of filling.
Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

ENJOY!!!!

crispSmall.jpg

Love it and my Mom use to make the same way and she hasnt made it in awhile, hmmmmmm, maybe Ill call her!
smiley2.gif

I just read the recipe and looked at the picture and my blood sugar went up 10 points. But it sure looks good Dang it.

Diabetic Harry
smiley11.gif

NW, that does look good. We usually only have about one a year. It just is too good and I eat too much of it(bad for me). Of course you need a little whipped topping of choice on it, unless you eat it warm out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream over the top. Yummmm

I read that splenda can be used in place of sugar but i wonder how the splenda will kill us???????
smiley5.gif

scotty said:
I read that splenda can be used in place of sugar but i wonder how the splenda will kill us???????
smiley5.gif

One more post just to change the post count.
smiley3.gif

NW....inside or out.....you are the best!!!!

Ramona...I think Iwill try that one !!!! Haven't seen one with a crust...interesting. You know that butter makes everything better.Edited by: rgecaprock

NW, my son and I made your apple crisp last night. My wife and I agreed that this is a 'keeper', and likely to be our contribution to our next supper club meeting. Our church sponsors small 3-4 couple pairings as a way to get to know each other at a deeper level.

Next to try: Waldo's Shrimp Boil.

I'll post our Posole next time we make it. I just finished off our last frozen serving from our last big pot, so it shouldn't be too long.

Brian

Back