Anyone need a pet.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Appleman, this could protect your vineyard!

ELECTRIC FENCE</span></font> </span></font>

Seems a sheep farmer was puzzled</span></font>
</span></font>about the disappearance </span></font>

of some sheep on his farm. After a few weeks the farmer </span></font>

decided to put up an electric fence. </span></font>

About a week later, this is what he found!</span></font>
</span></font>
20080721_162423_1.jpg

Now, I know we've all heard of people being eaten by </span></font>
snakes &amp; I bet most of us have said, 'If a snake tried to </span></font>
eat me, I'd blah, blah, blah &amp; get away.'

Well, this is a Python &amp; they're extremely aggressive &amp; </span></font>

have a few teeth that they use to hold their prey while </span></font>
they wrap around them &amp; then constrict. </span></font>

Could you get away if this one bit you &amp; held on with it's </span></font>

'few teeth?'</span></font>
</span></font>

(Note: The wires are 10 inches apart.)
20080721_162628_2.jpg

</span></font>

I don't think that one will being eating too many more things with his teeth tangled up in an electified fence! I saw a snake last week down at the Willsboro vineyard, but it wasn't that big!

WOW !! .....Do you knowthe location where the pic was taken?

Very impressive teeth. ( no pun intended )
smiley3.gif

I'm with you uav but alot bigger than .410, gives me the creeps just looking at the pictures.

I think Id be pulling out the 10 gauge myself with that snake. I dont know where the picture was taken but it would be good to know.

Thanks, you just had to scare the hell out of me. I am terrified of snakes since I was bit by a Water Moccasin when I was a kid. I would of had to use a high powered rifle with a scope from the next county to shoot that and would probably miss as I would get the willies when I sighted it in. Did I mention I hate snakes? Gators don't bother me a bit but I HATE snakes. You should see me when we get one around here.

smurfe,

Alligators v.s. Snakes. That's funny. I guess snakes can be anywhere...that is the scary part. Alligators pretty close to water. Would have never thought. You look like a strong snake wrangler to me.....alligator too.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Snakes don't exactly hunt humans, people - let's keep it in perspective.
smiley17.gif

Besides, some of us just may have snakes as pets.

- Jim

Great, thanks for the nightmares. Seriously though. It isn't fun being bitten by a poisonous snake. It's been 30 years since it happened but I still remember it like it was yesterday. I still have the nice necrotic marks on my leg that are daily reminders. I hate snakes because I am absolutely terrified of them. I get palpitations when I see one. You won't believe how much I spend a year on moth balls just to keep them away from my house as there are tons of them around here.

I can relate to those fears. I wasn't bitten by them, but was rather shaken up by an episode as a young man(teenager). I used to fish a small stream often for trout and it was surrounded by dense wooded lots. I came to a nice hole in the stream near a pile of rocks(I think it was an old rock pile meade by previous farmers). As I walked by it in the stream a tree limb broke and fell on the pile. To my horror, there was a huge nest of snakes laying in the heat on the rocks. They scattered everywhere. It seemed like it was 50 snakes, but probably wasn't that many. About half of the 3-4 foot long snakes slid into the stream in front of me. Yowzers! You have never seen anybody splash out of the knee deep water in your life! I have never been comfortable around snakes since then.

We have rattlesnakes out here where I live. You ALWAYS are looking for the Jake that may be on your patio, near the truck or on the side of the house or grill.

Like I said, Jake meet "The Judge". (45 pistol that also fires .410 shotgun shells)

there having a problem with boas and the like in florida,people letting these pets go and there returning into the human environment after being released,saw a story about this on animal plant was surprised. Edited by: joeswine

So there's 1 BIG advantage to living in the frozen tundra! Only snakes we have to worry about are snow snakes!
smiley36.gif

SNOW SNAKES they usually cause you to fall on frozen parking lots, sidewalks, and always when your arms are full of groceries!

Latest posts

Back