• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone in Northern Jersey - Check it out - a steal!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie, I agree, this is perfect for someone just starting out, or realizing that owning more carboys will make life easier. Unfortunately, driving an hr each way was a bit too much.
David, have you tried specific searches on CL? I'll search for Carboy, carboys, wine, wine making and so on.

Oh yes. I've been using those search strings as well as "jugs" and a few others. I also have other major cities on Craigslist near me bookmarked as well. I did find one 5 gal carboy listed nearby, but the owner thinks it's "vintage" because it's glass instead of plastic and demands a higher price. He can keep it, LOL.

Why cant I get these deals around me. I have had the same guy selling his cracked carboy for $30 for 2 months.
The only other deal was someone selling 2, 5 gallons for $60, but an hour away (I can get 1 of them for $40 new!)

Anyway that is tempting offer, just not sure the warden would let me take a 140 mi, 2 hours 8 mins weekend drive for wine making purposes!

Elmer - LMAO!!!!
David, I agree on the vintage label, there are people that feel if a old gnarly carboy is 20 yrs old, it's an antique...lol...not here...they can keep their vintage glass!

I wish I had been checking this more regularly. I just drove by last week.

I'll be back the beginning of March if they are still available.

Back