any body doing chiliean?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock

Reaction score
We have chilean grapes coming hope you have ordered yours.

Juice just arrived in Pgh today. Some got theirs I am waiting for the extra. Hope to get a call in a day or two.

Now I'm looking for empty carboys. I guess all I have ain't enough.

Not this year. I still have a pretty full cellar as Im the only one usually drinking at my house and thats not an everyday or even every other day thing. Heck I just bottled last years Malbec about 2 months ago.

I have 6 18lbs boxes of Carmenere coming from M&M in Hartford soon. This is my second time from grapes - well the first was a Cab from frozen grapes from M&M. Like Wade, I have a full cellar all since my start in October 2009. I have done kits, juice, grapes -- also have a small keg.

Patience sure is the key. I am drinking some of my first batch but that gets better by the month. Still buying bottles even though I have sooo much in bottles and bulk aging.

--Mike

Thanks for adding it to your user area, it helps us all know where friends are.

Let us all know the condition of the Chilean grapes and if you are happy with them this year. Maybe next year!

They should be in soon will keep you posted.The grapes have been outstanding the past 3 years.

The chilean grapes are in these are our numbers.
Carmenere 21 brix.Ph-3.45 ta-.65.
The merlot grapes are 21 brix,ph3.1,ta.7.
The chilean grapes are outstanding as always,no mold and very well packed.They need a little adjustment but the fruit is great.Anybody else have these numbers?

I just got 7 boxes of Pinot noir and 7 boxes of Malbec from Beer & Wine Hobby in Woburn, MA. The pinot noir was in fantastic condition. I was amazed at the quality. (First time for me with Chilean grapes). Brix was 24 on the Pinot. The Malbec was a little disappointing. One box was very nice, but the other 6 boxes had a lot of dried out, raisin-y looking fruit. Brix was a tad low on the Malbec too (22).

I'll let you know in a year if it's any good. In the meantime, there is a funny story on my blog about it. I had a famous winemaker from Burgundy as a guest at my home over the weekend and he had some comments on my winemaking, and offered to teach me "real winemaking" in France for two weeks in the fall. I may take him up on it. Good read if you have a few minutes. Link is in my profile. Can't post it here. I'm a noob.

Jacques

We pressed our carmenere on friday 27 gallons,taste great.The merlot was pressed today a bit slower but also very nice.12 gallons.Surprised to see the bigger batch go dry first.Different yeast for both batches.Go grape!!!Love the chile grapes.:r

just finished pressing, also got them from M&M, bought 20 cases of shiraz, 3rd year making from chilian grapes takes longer but worth it

Are the chilean grapes worth the effort? I heard they were very temperamental to work with!

this is my third year, and have not had any problems, the only differance I found is it takes longer to mature but the result is well worth it

Latest posts

Back