ANOTHER WINE EXCHANGE?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jobe, I'll be in on the next one as well. First, I have nothing bottled yet that is aged, and second, since I'm new to this I wanna see how they turn out first
smiley36.gif

To all the newbies: We understand how much you want to be apart of these exchanges, we were there once also. Don't fret, you'll get your chance, it's OK.

To all that have PM'ed me an exchange offer........... Just 24 hours left!

Although it's only 4 of us, there's quite a list to pick from.

1/2 hour..................

1 1/2 for me
smiley19.gif

Thats OK....... I'll be in the hot tub.

OK Folks, Here's the list:

Again, the rules:

You can only pick one (1) wine, from one the the offers below.

You MUST be an offerer in order to ask for a bottle.

Once an ask has been made of an offerer, no other ask can be made of that offerer.

You MUST send your wine out to the person asking for it within a week(?)

FRUIT WINES
blackberry//2006//fresh fruit//desert style//fruit forward
RASPBERRY//2006//fresh fruit //desert style//fruit forward
Italian plum/2006semi/sweet///refreshing

ITALIAN WINES//FRESH JUICE FROM ITALY
FRASCATIA//2006//LIGHT AND CRISP
PINOT GRIGIO//2006//LITE AND WITH A BITE

CHILEAN WINE//FRESH JUICE//FROM CHILLY
CABERNET SAUVIGNON@MERLOW BLEND/DRY BUT NICE
PINOT NOIR//2006//FRUIT FORWARD,PLEASING TO THE TASTE*

THIS IS THE MENU ASK FOR TWO OFF THIS LIST SHIPPED IN
350ML.BOTTLES FOR TASTING ,,,ENJOY FOR WINE EXCHANGE

Wade:

I have:

W.E Blueberry Pinot Noir,
Cranberry wine,
Blueberry Melomel,
RJS Watermelon White Merlot,
Strawberry Kiwi,
W.E. Symphony,
RJS Gewürztraminer,
MM AJ Johannesburg Riesling,
RJS Grand Cru Barolo,
Black Currant.

Tomy:

1 750 ml bottle Pomegranate,
for best results could age a couple of months more.
I will send a extra screw cap so it may be used again.

jobe05:

Sorry folks, I don't keep track of most of the manufacturers of the kits
I make................ But here's whats good:

Whites:

Johannisurg Riesling
smiley4.gif

Riesling
smiley4.gif

Symphony
smiley4.gif

Reds:

CC Lodi old vines zin - needs some aging
smiley9.gif

Stags leap Merlot - needs some aging
smiley9.gif

Shiraz (yukky)
smiley11.gif

Limited edition Barbera - very drinkable
smiley4.gif

Fruit:
(beefed up kits)
Blackberry Cab
smiley4.gif

Strawberry
smiley4.gif

Tangirine
smiley4.gif

Apricot peach
smiley4.gif

Green apple riesling
smiley4.gif

Scuppernong - Complete with wine diamonds (just in time for Valentines day)
smiley4.gif
smiley9.gif

And the one you have all been waiting for:

BLACKBERRY PORT! (1-375 ML)
smiley2.gif
smiley4.gif

Wow......... What happened to all the excitement about having a wine exchange?????????? 2 hours pass and nothing! Why did we bother????

Im laid out on the couch for the past few days as my back has really been bothering me. I dont know what I did but Im in bad condition here. Im sorry, what do we do here, pm the person we want a wine from?

Where you at David Clark, Smarfe, Scubamam, Bovine, Francie, JHalk, Harry,and other exelent wine makers that we would love to taste your wines, your missing outon the fun of trying out some very nice wine from members of the group. If you didn't take part this time I certinally hope you will the next, and if you arn't because you didn't receive your wine the last exchange in a timely manner blame me because I didn't specify a date to send, I apoligise for that. Another reason to take part, some of us will enter our wine in contests, and wouldn't you hate to miss out on tasting a award winning wine. This time I hope we can give a bit of feedback on the wine we exchange, as a honost opnion only helps us make better wine. Tomy
smiley32.gif
Hope your feeling better Wade

Edited by: Tomy

you know wade i think that its so few of us why don't you see on my list, what you would like and anything on your list is good enought for mesend me your address Ilready have tomy and jobe boxed be my pleasure to ship to you also,sort of a getting to know you box.also the sparkling wine turned out out- standing( but but but),not eought sparkling, have to go back to the books on this one the ASTI taste was there 100% cold and clear but the bubblies were lite we drank the whole thing in a heart bet anyway would you like to try the wine it self
smiley32.gif
let me know what you think ,i know how it is to hurt my knees feel like there falling apart do to arthritis but thats how it goes time catches up to all of us and it ran me over

Yes Wade I beleive thats how jobe05 wants it done. I forgot I do have a Apple Cherry Strawberry 350 mm for exchange. Tomy
smiley32.gif

I havent been involved in this but here is the rule Jobe posted concerning Asking for a wine

4) First come (ASK) first serve! But only for those who have entered a wine for exchange purposes. If you don't offer a wine, you cannot play (ASK). All you have to do to claim a wine is post the offerer and the wine that you want! THAT IS CONCIDERED AN "ASK" Again, POST THE OFFERER AND THE WINE YOU WANT!!!!!!!!! It will be up to each offerer to keep track of who wants to try your wine, and who has "asked" for 1 bottle of it "first", and to make sure you get an address and get it shipped in a "Timely" Fashion!

5) Once an "ASK" for a wine from an offerer has been posted, that offerer can not be ASKED for any more wine, his/her offer is closed! The first post rules! Period!

I hope you have another wine exchange later onthis summer.
I would love to be in it but I have to drive 70 miles to ship anything .
with the roades as bad as they are the person I would be sending to might have to wate too long to get the wine. This summer I could go much quicker

Maybe you can't do this but in our small town we can weigh the package, than call the post office to ask how much to ship. We than give Gus our mail man the correct amount of money and he will mail it for us. If we owe more he will leave a note, or if its too much he will leave change in the box. Tomy PS The day before Christmas a few years back Gus came staggering up the walk.Gus asked if he could come in & sit a bit. I said sure. It seemed a lot of people on his mail route were offering him a glass of cheer at most every house, and not wanting to disapoint Gus had surpasses his limit. A couple of neighbor guys finished his route while I drove him home. The next year Gus said thanks but no thanks to the beer, wiskey & wine that was offered.Edited by: Tomy

Tomy said:
Maybe you can't do this but in our small town we can weigh the package, than call the post office to ask how much to ship. We than give Gus our mail man the correct amount of money and he will mail it for us. If we owe more he will leave a note, or if its too much he will leave change in the box. Tomy PS The day before Christmas a few years back Gus came staggering up the walk.Gus asked if he could come in & sit a bit. I said sure. It seemed a lot of people on his mail route were offering him a glass of cheer at most every house, and not wanting to disapoint Gus had surpasses his limit. A couple of neighbor guys finished his route while I drove him home. The next year Gus said thanks but no thanks to the beer, wiskey & wine that was offered.

Stories like that make being from a small town worth it. Brought a smile to my face!!
smiley1.gif

We are so small we don't get home delivery but we get a free po box. The
lady that is the post mistress is comanly called the postal notzie. That is why I send every thing by UPS.Edited by: corn field

That is a great story Tomy. Where I'm from if you give the mailman money, you may never see him again
smiley36.gif

Okay I received Joeswines wines yesterday and am on my 2nd bottle as of tonight. I started off with the Cab/Sauv and it was a Chilean a juice he got from a produce store. It had great flavor but was a little thin for a Cab/Sauv. I just popped open his Red Plum though and it is awesome. More color then i had ever expected from a plum, its a deep red and sweet up front with a nice tart after bight as Joe stated and is very true. I have 6 1/2 gallons of plum buk aging and i hope mine comes out this good.
smiley32.gif

Okay, I had a bad day so I finished that bottle and moved on to the Raspberry (last bottle). Let me tell you folks that I saved the best for last. Nice body. legs, and flavor is out of this world. I have a 6 gallon batch of Raspberry melomel which I went overboard on fresh raspberries from my parents garden and it smells just like this wine. Again, this melomel has been bulking quite some time now for laziness sake but will bottle soon. Joe, this wine is awesome and anyone who gets some of this wine is in for a TREAT! Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back