Another Blackberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its 6 gallon batch

Used Lalvin 71B-1122 (cause I still have not gotten any Cotes yet)

I'm leaning towards the 1.088 myself..... Either way its right at the 12% mark I was shooting for.

And away they go. Small ring of foam on the surface for now. I suspect they will be kicking well tonight and tomorrow morning.

1.089 just to be a real PIT!
smiley15.gif

Checked the sg this morning and its racking time............... just below 1.010 Its still fermenting pretty nice. It looks weak colored in the racking tube, but I have some juice to take care of that once its racked again off the lees.

And done VOILA.......

Racked5-25-09.jpg

That looks awesome! Our local Corks Crew club is going blackberry picking this next weekend and I look forward to trying this one!

The wine looks great buddy but that wine rack in the background looks pitiful...Put some bottles in it !!!
smiley36.gif

Working on it Waldo. The racks to the left that you didn't see look better! Cluttered, but better.

WineRack.jpg

Thank you....

Got a grand total of 128 bottles on the rack with another potential 150 in carboys in various stages of readiness.

It was purchased. I don't have the talent nor the tools to build a wine rack like that. I have another one in the garage that I use for empty bottles, but its not near as nice as this one.

That makes me feel a bit better! My self-made racks are trash by comparison, however, they get the job done. I have an old friend who enjoys woodworking so I may challenge him to make me some like yours.

I can take better photos and measurements if you want them.

As of June 13, I started the second batch of blackberry. I now have 12 gallons going.

I pitched lalvin K1-V1116 on 6-14.
Measured the OG on 6-18 and it went from 1.092 to 1.082, I stirred it well and covered it back up. Figured it was going to be a slow ferment. I stirred the must again today and took another measurement of the SG. This time I was surprised to see it had dropped to 1.040 in two days. Nice little burst of fermenting there. Will post some pictures when I get the time.

gaudet said:
As of June 13, I started the second batch of blackberry. I now have 12 gallons going.

I pitched lalvin K1-V1116 on 6-14.
Measured the OG on 6-18 and it went from 1.092 to 1.082, I stirred it well and covered it back up. Figured it was going to be a slow ferment. I stirred the must again today and took another measurement of the SG. This time I was surprised to see it had dropped to 1.040 in two days. Nice little burst of fermenting there. Will post some pictures when I get the time.

F Y I
When using 1116 add some yeast nutrient. This could be why it seemed to start slow the first 2 days.
Whats the recipe?
I just scored Blackberry for $1.25 a pound so. ... fill in the blanks.
I'm guessing you used your steam juicer?

Latest posts

Back