Amazon finally shipped my carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maritme Brew by any chance?? Tim and the boys are big on military customers and offer them discounts.

I used to go there when I was working on Windsor street in Halifax, but since I now work and live in Shearwater I go at Noble Grapes in Cole-Harbour
If I ever start making beer again or if they'd'close later on thurs-Friday, I'll make time to go back there tho!

I used to go there when I was working on Windsor street in Halifax, but since I now work and live in Shearwater I go at Noble Grapes in Cole-Harbour
If I ever start making beer again or if they'd'close later on thurs-Friday, I'll make time to go back there tho!

There's another small store in Cole Harbour where Forest Hills Extension comes in - it's right beside the Tim Hortons there. I was over there a few weeks ago to get some siding material, stopped for a Timmies and noticed it - went in and had a great chat with the lady there - very knowledgeable and very tidy store - good prices from what I could see. I could have talked to her all day but my wife started honking the horn - the nerve!!
Can't remember the name but you may already know the place.

There's another small store in Cole Harbour where Forest Hills Extension comes in - it's right beside the Tim Hortons there. I was over there a few weeks ago to get some siding material, stopped for a Timmies and noticed it - went in and had a great chat with the lady there - very knowledgeable and very tidy store - good prices from what I could see. I could have talked to her all day but my wife started honking the horn - the nerve!!
Can't remember the name but you may already know the place.

Yeah I've seen it, also been in it once or twice....it's just a little bit out of the way for me....;)

That sucks, I think Runningwolf had this same problem. I dont think they pack these boxes very well!

I just got 10 - 6 gallon carboys yesterday from Waterloo Container and they were 28.29 each. They cost the same price even for singles. How much it costs for shipping depends on your location. Mine came on the same pallet as 50 cases of bottles so shipping was nothing extra. If I need to drive over there for anything at Geneva or to visit my brother in Waterloo, I stop in and bring home goodies. They sell to everyone - one carboy or case of bottles is treated the same as truckloads (although that gets you a discount).

Ordered 3 6 gal Sept 7, shipped today. My wife will be waiting at the door to inspect on the 22nd for breakage.

So UPS showed up at my door with a big box - i knew it was my carboy!!! He a disgusted look on his face - he shook the box - and it sounded like a rattle.

I was broke into about a 100 pieces!! So he is taking it back to report it and get another :(

So to all who ordered one - be sure you are home to check it when they deliver!!

Jon, I ordered two and one came broke. The site said they were non-returnable. I called the Amazon number ( it was kinda hard to find) and they immediately refunded the amount to my card and asked if I was satisfied with the other one. Even with the unfortunate incident I was very pleased with the outcome.

Got my 2nd carboy in - all is well!! Now just have to wait for Amazon to ship another to replace the broken one.

Compared to our only local mom and pop store, that is incredible prices. Their 6 gallon Italian carboys run $50 down to a gallon jug for $8. That's with no stopper.

$28 + free shipping for a 6 gallon glass carboy... Haven't found any new ones cheaper...
I orded my 6- gallon carboy on 10/25/10 for $23.86 from amazon, using the scribe and save 15 off and i got an email confirm within 24 hours stating it left AZ and heading to NJ. I will be getting it on 10/30. that's a steal..
there were two left and i picked both of them up.

I orded my 6- gallon carboy on 10/25/10 for $23.86 from amazon, using the scribe and save 15 off and i got an email confirm within 24 hours stating it left AZ and heading to NJ. I will be getting it on 10/30. that's a steal..

Sorry but newbe's are not allowed on here bragging and rubbing it in our face LOL. :w Hey about going to our introductions thread and tell us a bit about yourself and what you're making.

I got three of the Paklab 6 Gallon Carboys. They were in fine shape and shipped within 10 days. My only concern was the glass itself. I can see small bubbles in the glass of one of them. Typically this means recycled glass, not a big deal just more fragile. But for $26 and free shipping I can deal with it.

Yup - i just got my 2nd one in today. Where did you get the 15% off?

Yup - i just got my 2nd one in today. Where did you get the 15% off?

Amazon, at times, will run the subscribe and save program. You take 15% off and you get a choice to pick when the next delivery is, every month, 2, 3, or 6 months. I usually cancel the program after i get my products. there is no cancellation fee, so it works out good. No, tax and free shipping works out even better.

Latest posts

Back