Amazon 6g carboys - $28.07 + FREE ss shipping!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom:

I was surprised to see this plastic carboy. It looks exactly like the ones that I used when I ran an FoP (from 2001 to 2007). The Canadian distributor that I got them from stopped carrying them in favour of the Better Bottle.

A couple of comments in case anyone plans to buy them....

1. They stained with repeated use for red wines.

2. They are a milky colour, not clear like the Better Bottle.

3. They take a #7.5 or #8 bung.

4. There are screw threads on the top for a screw on lid. It is optional, and I never used them. The lid did not come with the carboy from my supplier.

I liked using them in the FoP, for many of the same reasons as the Better Bottle. Lighter than glass, don't break when dropped (at least when empty - never dropped a full one). Today, I would prefer the Better Bottle but it was not a choice for me until about 2006-2007.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Once my wine leaves the primary, it never tastes plastic again (except briefly when racking/xferring). One day in the future, I'll have a few 10g crocks for primaries.

UPDATE: I got a shipping est of 9/27 - 10/12 on the 7x6g carboys I ordered on 8/6

Still the best deal I can find on carboys!!

Way to go! I ordered (2) three gallons last month and one came broke. The site said non-refundable merchandise. I called Amazon and they immediately refunded my money. I would purchase again.

It seems to me that they are collecting orders until they have enough for a manufacturing/shipping run from the source.

Fine with me. I expected to wait :)

It seems to me that they are collecting orders until they have enough for a manufacturing/shipping run from the source.

Yeah i am about ready to order a big supply of them - have a b-day and christmas coming up ;)

makes total sense bob...i'm ok at the moment on carboys, but would be good to have that as an extra.

Latest posts

Back