Mosti Mondiale Amarone Renaissance

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
If I am reading the instructions correctly, you add the raisins/grape pack after the fermentation has started and then take your sg reading. Sounds backwards as the sg was 1090 before adding yeast and 1080 after fermentation start and after adding grape pack. Seems like the grape pack should be added before starting the fermentation. What say?

If I am reading the instructions correctly, you add the raisins/grape pack after the fermentation has started and then take your sg reading. Sounds backwards as the sg was 1090 before adding yeast and 1080 after fermentation start and after adding grape pack. Seems like the grape pack should be added before starting the fermentation. What say?

I've made the Renaissance and the Renaissance Impressions and have added the skins/raisins before pitching the yeast. Never a problem.

Thanks Roger, did you record or do you remember the sg before the grapes were added and after, before adding yeast?

Mike

Thanks Roger, did you record or do you remember the sg before the grapes were added and after, before adding yeast?

Mike

Just checked my notes and it showed 1.10 when I pitched the yeast. I left it all sit overnight then pitched. No issues.

Now that makes sense. I have a brunello kit coming to be followed with a Barolo. I'll follow what you did. Thanks.

Mike

Now that makes sense. I have a brunello kit coming to be followed with a Barolo. I'll follow what you did. Thanks.

Mike

A man after my own heart. Love the big Italian reds. Are they all Mosti kits?

You are reading the Renaissance kit instructions correctly but I doubt that it matters much which way you do it. There are advantages and disadvantages to either method. I am with you however, I would rather keep the raisins/grape pack in the juice for as long as possible, especially for an Amarone.

Last edited:
The barolo will be a MM, Roger, but the brunello is a WE as MM does not make a Barolo with a grape pack.

Latest posts

Back