Mosti Mondiale Amarone 30hr

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uavwmn

Reaction score
Amaronne bubbling at the 30 hr mark. Just added the raisins.
20080115_051651_Amarone30hrs.JPG

Very nice! Deep rich color. Both of my reds had developed a thick head of froth at this stage and only later settled down to look like this. Do you suppose that's because of different yeast or different temps? My reds both came with Lavlin EC1118. (I think that's Pasture Red) I kept the temps between 75-80F.

Ah, the wonderful smell of Amarone, I remeber it well, think I'll go give mine a big hug.
smiley36.gif
Looking great!

Lalvin EC1118 is its own brand and Red Star Pasteur Red is not equivalent to it. Red Star Premier Cuvee is the equivalent.

I purchased the frozen must amarone but it didn't come with raisins now I'm wondering if I had been better off with the Alljuice with raisins. Don't tell me to try both I've run out of funds and I can't convince the mrs. to get a second job.

Looking might good there uav...now when ya get it bottled iffen ya want a prefessinal pinion on it ya jest shoot off a kouple of bottle down here to arkansaw and hell, I wont even charge ya nutting to sample it fer ya.

Waldo, I would love for you to critique my little Amarone!!! Remind me to send you a bottle in the Fall.
smiley4.gif

That looks spectacular!!! Can't wait to start my Amarone!

Latest posts

Back