Aluminum Liquor Kettle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxsteve625

Reaction score
I am in the process of moving up to all grain brewing. I already have on hand a burner, 5 gallon igloo water cooler and a 40 quart aluminum heavy duty (thick walled) kettle. I already have a burner and only need a boil kettle at this point. I plan to go the the local beer distributor next week to see if I can pick up a used beer keg for the boil kettle.

Can I use the Aluminum Kettle for the Liquor vessel without to much worry of contamination as the boil kettle will be the last in the process?

Absolutely! Aluminum is fine. As long as you have boiled water in it once as doing that actually causes a protective layer over the aluminum. It used to be said that aluminum caused off flavors and even worse Alzheimer's. That has been totally debunked now, If you are worried about that then you had better stay away from Maalox or most antacids for that matter and not eat in most restaurants as aluminum is one of the best cooking pots due to a very good temperature evenness and heat conductor.

Ditto to Wade. I make alot of BEER. In my Beer club many have old alum. commercial brew pots. Just remember do not scrub with detergents

LOL.. I like it BUTT, would like one @ wine. I am not that PC smart 2 make one

Ditto to Wade. I make alot of BEER. In my Beer club many have old alum. commercial brew pots. Just remember do not scrub with detergents

Thanks Guys. I am on my why to AG brewing. Hopefully in the next couple weeks.

And yeh Tom I like you mixing up the avatar...keeps things interesting.

Thanks,
We mods like "change".
just look @ runningwolfs.. HE cant make up his mind... :i LOL

TOM, we have another instigator amoungst us...

confused.jpg

Little does he know we like each other. Both U & I do this to make "conversation". Kinda livens up the forum

Yep I know "that" forum.
I bet "that" forum the members dont send the mods wine like this one.

when you want to send us some wine U can always PM us for our addy

Latest posts

Back