WineXpert Aging the IM wines...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voz63

Junior
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else notices this but the IM kits I've done I've noticed that they taste way better if you don't touch them for a couple monthes. I made a Strawberry Merlot and it was real good...saved a bottle for 2 monthes and it was fabulous. Since then I've made a couple Black rasberrys, and a exotic fruits white Zin and it's been the same.

I agree. I know it says they are ready immediately, but I found 2 months of aging to be about right.

I have made 3 IM kits so far and they have all been Green Apple Reisling's. They are better if left to age a few months, 2 to 6 is really good. But most of us can't wait that long to strat drinking it.........
smiley9.gif

These are not good to have for Id say 1 1/2 years total since they are
a much lower alc. I have a few that are approaching that # so I have to
start drinking now, so Ill be right back!
smiley36.gif

Where are you Wade? Youd didn't come back yet! You must have drunk too much again.

Yes the IM kits do improve after a couple months, just like all kits. It's just that the better kits take a little longer to make the quick improvements the IM kits do.

Back