Adding grape juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizmo206

Reaction score
I have a Sauvignon Blanc ready to be stabilized and bottled. Kim Crawford has a Sauvignon Blanc that has a slight grape taste so I was wanting to know could I add some white grape juice after adding my stabilizer and topping off to achieve this taste?

as long as you have stabilized the wine, I see no harm in it.

I would, however, suggest that you first do a "bench trial" with just a small sample of the wine before you fully commit to this.

as long as you have stabilized the wine, I see no harm in it.

I would, however, suggest that you first do a "bench trial" with just a small sample of the wine before you fully commit to this.
Thanks for the reply I did stabilize the wine first then drew some samples and then added (sugar free) grape juice will bottle this weekend and let you know how it turned out

Thanks for the reply I did stabilize the wine first then drew some samples and then added (sugar free) grape juice will bottle this weekend and let you know how it turned out

By stabilizing you do mean you added sorbate and k-meta right? Since you are adding what I think is a no-sugar-added grape juice instead of 'sugar free'.

There is no such thing as "sugar free grape juice." Grapes naturally contain sugar.

Back