WineXpert add blackberry to Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowman

Junior
Reaction score
World Vinyard Washington Riesling is an inexpensive kit to buy. Pretty average on taste though. I added a cranberry reduction to a couple and turned out much better. I've been adding a blackberry reduction and it makes an unbelievable improvement. Six months or better aging makes a real fine wine.

Take two pints of fresh berries, smash and bring to a simmer on the stove. Strain through a screener and you've got a delish added flavor to this very average tasting wine kit. Add it to the kit at clearing time along with a half a cup of conditioner sweetner. I've done it many times and well worth the extra effort. Good at six months, excellent at one year.

World Vinyard Washington Riesling is an inexpensive kit to buy. Pretty average on taste though. I added a cranberry reduction to a couple and turned out much better. I've been adding a blackberry reduction and it makes an unbelievable improvement. Six months or better aging makes a real fine wine.

Take two pints of fresh berries, smash and bring to a simmer on the stove. Strain through a screener and you've got a delish added flavor to this very average tasting wine kit. Add it to the kit at clearing time along with a half a cup of conditioner sweetner. I've done it many times and well worth the extra effort. Good at six months, excellent at one year.

That is really "thinking outside the box." Joe will be pround of you and I really like the adventurous nature you display.The only thing I have added to a Riesling is reduced Granny Smith apples and that turned out well.

Latest posts

Back