Acid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homer

Reaction score
I picked up my juice at St. Louis Beer and Wine making supplies today and it was well on the way with fermentation, I was not able to test for acid (yet), has anyone done this? My numbers:
Grenach SG 1.060, PH 3.65
Pinot Grigio SG 1.070 PH 3.65
Pinot Noir SG 1.060 PH 3,63

Thnaks. bk

I would test now and after it completes ferment because the acid levels will change during the ferment. IF needed, some acid blend after ferment will be a good adjustment. Before you adjust it though you should taste it and then decide. You could do some bench trials with small samples.

I can't help you with the aid numbers on any of those. I will warn you against adding extra sugar to raise the SG. I picked my buckets up on Friday (zinfandel, cabernet sauvignon, petite syrah, and sangiovese) the SG on all of them was 1.090, ph 3.65 and TA was 0.6 (I think, I don't have the notes in front of me for that TA). I let them warm up until Saturday about noon and the SG had dropped to 1.070 or so. Also, I had to stop by and get done acid blend fit another wine on Sunday and I picked up two cabernet franc buckets (my wife wanted sneering different and they had these left) the SG was down to 1.065

Latest posts

Back