Acid test

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checking the acid of my Elderberry Juice. It is coming up .1875 %. I want assume I'll want to check this again after I add my juice to necessary water/grape concentrate. Is this correct? What I've read acid % should be around .65% for this after adjusting.

If you are just adding water - it will lower the acid level - not sure - but the concentrate might raise it a little - but the addition of water might cancel it out.

But - i will take another acid reading after adding all that - be sure to give a good stir to get it mixed in.

.60-.65 is good for fruit.

Checking the acid of my Elderberry Juice. It is coming up .1875 %. I want assume I'll want to check this again after I add my juice to necessary water/grape concentrate. Is this correct? What I've read acid % should be around .65% for this after adjusting.

So your juice is .1875
Meaning very low ????

Or did I misread the figure ???

The juice should indeed be at 5. to .7

Luc

So your juice is .1875
Meaning very low ????

Or did I misread the figure ???

The juice should indeed be at 5. to .7

Luc

Juice itself was very low, as was excected based on what I read. It was adjusted after other ingredients were added to .65

Latest posts

Back