Acid Blend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it depends on the quantity you wish to add. In the literature it says that the rule of thumb is to have 3:2:1 ratio of tartaric, malic, and citric acids in the blend, respectively. However, I also heard that one should avoid using too much citric acid in lieu of other acids because you risk ending up with vinegary smell, as citric acid is partially converted to acetic acid.

what are you making? if citric acid is the predominate acid that would be ok.

I'm thinking of using 4.5# banana and 4.5# of strawberries do you think that will be enough for 3 gallons.

I'm thinking of using 4.5# banana and 4.5# of strawberries do you think that will be enough for 3 gallons.

No, sorry but that is hardly enoug for a gallon. Straberies and banana have a very delicate flavor, you should really not use any water at all.

No, sorry but that is hardly enoug for a gallon. Straberies and banana have a very delicate flavor, you should really not use any water at all.
So what would you recommend? Sorry but just learning.

I would go with all berries with no water. Freeze the berries, this will help to extract the juice. Also, I am not sure how much flavor the bananas will impart into the wine. Banana wine is a very light flavor wine.

Latest posts

Back