AAASTINKIE is HERE!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh...that explains it....The dreaded blue tarp on a roof is not a good site...bet that really works good for you....great idea.

Watch Grumpy Old Men - one of the old guys tries to help get the snow off of his neighbor's roof by hosing it down. Funny movie.
smiley36.gif

AAASTINKIE said:
My first sprout on my cactus Ramona sent to me, spring must be close!!
20070129_055735_cactus_02_07_00.jpg

Is that your new $.06 left-handed guitar back there???

The blue tarp can also be used in the winter as a slip and slide. Position it as shown in the picture, wait for a few feet of snowfall sliding off the roof so you have so real high banks built up, with no huge drop from the eaves to the snowbanks. Then put on a nice slippery snowmobile suit, climb up on the roof peak and slide down the tarp onto the snow below!
smiley4.gif
WWWWWeeeeeeeeeee
smiley36.gif

Disclaimer!!!!!!****SLIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK! - The above is just a hypthetical situation and is not intended to be taken seriosly***Disclaimer

When I was young we used to go to the camp in the Adirondacks after a big snowstorm. We would try to snowmobile through six feet of snow to get to the camp. We would get off the snowmobiles next to the roof and climb up on with a shovel and spend the next few hours trying to get most of the snow off it so it wouldn't collapse the roof. I don't miss that much!

By the way Stinkie, that is a nice serene picture. No need to get away to the cabin, you live in one
smiley20.gif

Where we use to live [125 miles away] we were protected by pine trees, the snow would just dump on our roof...to the chimney hight..then my Honey would have to shovel the snow off the roof....When we went to sell he had to replace the shingles from shoveling...the house was only 12 years old...but the shingles were damaged from being shoveled.

Here we are more in the open...the wind just blows the snow off the roof....that is in the winter that we get snow....shouldn't speak...winter is far from over up here....Edited by: Northern Winos

appleman said:
When I was young we used to go to the camp in the Adirondacks after a big snowstorm.

I grew up in Central NY as well Appleman, where in the Adirondacks were you??? Remember the winter of 66? People were told to stay in their house because if you wlaked on top of the snow you could get electricuted if you walked on the electric wires on the telephone poles.

Yes, Joan, there is also a picture of me and my $.06 guitar on page 75. I can't tell the story of my singing career yet, it just might be coming up in a future "Polly" episode...lol...
smiley2.gif

jobe, The camp was near Loon Lake not far from Saranac Lake and Lake Placid. I do remember some real bad snows when I was young, but we never got the storms that buried the poles while I can remember. I used to make snow caves in drifts about 10 feet high though. I have seen pictures of my Mom standing next to telephone poles that only came up to her waist though.

AAASTINKIE said:
Yes, Joan, there is also a picture of me and my $.06 guitar on page 75. I can't tell the story of my singing career yet, it just might be coming up in a future "Polly" episode...lol...
smiley2.gif

The first thing is to learn how to be left handed.
smiley4.gif

Brainstorming a new "Polly" session, AAA goes to the "Grand Olde Oprey" ready to go onstage and play the violin, AAA sudenly realizes he is left handed with a right handed fiddle he bought on EBAY while consuming alcoholic beverages one night and watching Country Music Television, it was only 19.99, found out about the 78 dollar shipping charge when he came to the next day.Edited by: AAASTINKIE

Alcohol, Country Music and E bay do not mix, friends never let friends drink, cryand buy.
I can see it now...AAA onstage at the "Grande Ole' Oprey", pickin and grinnin', with poly on base.

Stinkie you better watch out for Lilly! It's a good thing she is so cute 'cause she could get in trouble stealing one of Walmart's shopping carts.
"No honest, Mr. Policeman, (Batt, Batt go the eyelashes), I didn't take the shopping cart. My puppy got his leash caught in it and dragged it home. I'm gonna bring it back tomorrow. Honest(Batt Batt)"
smiley2.gif

You have gotta make a label with her on it stinkie...A Ms Lilly Reserve

She is a princess, so far this week on EBay I have bought her....around 10 princess dresses, a princess bed canopy, princess vanity, princess tent and sleeping bag set, a new china tea set (we had fun with the set I bought when she was born when she was here, but the new set has a tablecloth and napkins) Good thing for overtime!!..lol

Back