AAA=Human Moron

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTINKIE

Reaction score
I bought a new gas grill the last week and just like all the others I've ever had sometimes it doesn't get hot enough, The Lovely Rita said that doesn't make sense. I said it must be this house cause every grill I've ever had does this. So I'm out there the other night heating the gas bottle with a torch and I started to think if this tank cracks I will be nominated for the Darwin award by the fire department when they inspect the burned down house and see what I was doing. So yesterday morning I start to read the owners manual (I know it's a waste of time...but) and it says if your not getting enough heat check the trouble shooting section under "excess flow valve" huh....seems since 1995 they have been putting this valve in the regulator and you have to have the knobs shut off when you open the tank or it closes and you only get 1/2 the gas flow, well captain America here always leaves the knobs on and just opens the tank valve always tripping the "excess flow valve".
DUMMY!!!! Next time read the directions....or is this all just a government conspiracy??

Oh man, I always do it right but never knew about that so thanks for that.
smiley36.gif

AAASTINKIE said:
... So I'm out there the other night heating the gas bottle with a torch and I started to think if this tank cracks I will be nominated for the Darwin award by the fire department when they inspect the burned down house and see what I was doing. ...

That would have been an automatic Darwin winner. Please say you won't ever do that again. When I read that, what few hairs I had left on my head stood straight up and fell off.
smiley3.gif

Frank, I know what you mean. I bought a new regulator for the burner once. paid a hefty sum for it cause I wanted to blow a 4 foot flame on the jet burner boiling crawfish. Worked great first time. Went to use it again, had a feeble flame. Took it back got another. Worked great, next time feeble flame. Took it back and the guy at the hardware store that knew what he was doing explained it to me. No issues since. Can get the 100 qt pit boiling in no time!

So Frank, if you'd blown yourself up would that make your new screen name, AAA Moron?
smiley2.gif
Frank, I'm really glad that you 1. didn't blow up Lovely Rita and yourself, 2. passed on the information about the valve 3. admitted to reading directions!
smiley32.gif

chiefmike said:
AAASTINKIE said:
... So I'm out there the other night heating the gas bottle with a torch and I started to think if this tank cracks I will be nominated for the Darwin award by the fire department when they inspect the burned down house and see what I was doing. ...

That would have been an automatic Darwin winner. Please say you won't ever do that again. When I read that, what few hairs I had left on my head stood straight up and fell off.
smiley3.gif
It's Ok Chief, I've been on the Fire and Hazmat team at work for 17 years now!!!...lol...it was a small torch!!!

PolishWineP said:
So Frank, if you'd blown yourself up would that make your new screen name, AAA Moron?
smiley2.gif
Frank, I'm really glad that you 1. didn't blow up Lovely Rita and yourself, 2. passed on the information about the valve 3. admitted to reading directions!
smiley32.gif

Thank You Princess, it's not easy for a MAN to read directions, never mind admit to it...lol...
smiley38.gif

AAASTINKIE said:
PolishWineP said:
smiley2.gif
smiley32.gif

Thank You Princess, it's not easy for a MAN to read directions, never mind admit to it...lol...
smiley38.gif

Stinkie is a changed man now that there is Frank and Rita. The old Stinkie would have thrown the directions out, the new Frank is quite educated******

*****See this from the post with the birds Waldo posted

<H1 align=center><STRIKE>HENPECKED</STRIKE> PROPERLY TRAINED HUSBANDS</H1>
<DIV align=center>
chickenshell.gif

1. He wears the pants in the house – under his apron.

2. He has two chances of winning an argument with her, slim and none.

3. She leads a double life – hers and his.

4. He comes right out and says what she tells him to think.

5. She does not have to raise the roof, all she has to do is raise an eyebrow.

6. The only time he opens his mouth is to ask her for the apron and the vacuum cleaner.

7. He always has the last word – he says, “I apologize”.

8. She snaps “are you a man or a mouse – squeak up”.

9. He was a man about town, she has turned him into a mouse around the house.

10. The last big decision she let him make was whether to wash or to dry.

11. She tames to be pleased.

12. He put a ring on her finger and she put one through his nose.

13. He can’t even open his mouth to yawn, she complains he is causing a draft.

14. He was a dude before marriage – now he is subdued.

15. He married her for her looks, but not the kind he’s getting now.

16. He even has to ask permission to ask permission.

17. She lost her thumb in an accident and sued for $100,000,
because it was the thumb she had him under.

18. She even complains about the noise he makes, when he is fixing his own breakfast.

19. He worships the ground she gives him the run – around on.

20. He goes to a woman dentist – it’s a relief to be told to open his mouth instead of to shut it.

21. When he is late for dinner he gets two kinds of meat,
‘hot tongue’ &amp; ‘cold shoulder’.

22. He should have been warned, when he carried her over the threshold after they were married,
that she couldn’t wait to put her foot down.

23. Every once in awhile she comes to him on her bended knees.
She dares him to come out from under the bed.

24. He has to hold his pay envelope up to the light,
to see if he got a raise.

25. She wants to go to the seashore, claiming that mountain air disagrees with her.
He can’t see how it would dare.

Don't worry Frank, it happens to all of us as a side effect of marrying the ones we love.

appleman said:
I bet that is why sometimes after Cindy shuts the grill off it seems like the burners just don't get enough gas.

YEA YEA YEA .. Blame it on your wife. Like you never did it.. LOL
I admit I'v done it...

AAASTINKIE said:
It's Ok Chief, I've been on the Fire and Hazmat team at work for 17 years now!!!...lol...it was a small torch!!!

LOL!!! It's always one of our own who make the biggest impressions in our business, eh?

Next Problem, Septic Tanks, oh yea, I had a new septic system installed two years ago, yesterday I was out there digging it up and scooping all the BABY WIPES out with a pitch fork cause they plugged the FILTER, WHY AM I FILTERING MY POOPS???????? Google it and you will become educated like I did, only maybe not the hard way!!! I made sure I had them all out by using my smelt dipping net...lol Dipping for Smelts takes on a whole new meaning.
I'm almost afraid to start today, no telling what I'm going to learn the hard way today??

The sad thing is with every scoop in my mind I remember my friend Cheri telling me she thought I wasn't supposed to flush those baby wipes...

I don't think septic tanks will break down products like that....

Now with a lady in the house watch for other things going down the drain...

You don't want the septic system to break down the solids like TP, it should just be pumped out about every 5-7 years on avg. It depends on what kind of system you have too.
And listen to Cheri there AAA no no on flushing the wipes. Remind me not to eat smelt at your place
smiley4.gif

hmm, well I hate to admit it, but I have been complaining about my grill not putting out much flame for awhile. Guess what, I always left the burners on and turned off the tank. I just tried what your manual said and my grill works much better now, so, uhh, thanks
smiley20.gif

suprasteve said:
hmm, well I hate to admit it, but I have been complaining about my grill not putting out much flame for awhile. Guess what, I always left the burners on and turned off the tank. I just tried what your manual said and my grill works much better now, so, uhh, thanks
smiley20.gif
Your welcome, thought I would bump this up cause it's grilling season now, the snow is all melted up here...lol

Latest posts

Back