AAA get's better!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTINKIE

Reaction score
Lets face it, as good as I look I'm gettin' kinda OLD, my backs need all the help it can get, specially with all the wood I'm workin' up to stay warm this winter (OK I'm working on next years wood now) anyways I ordered 4 carboy straps from George the other day cause it a lot easier lifting carboys with my lovely Rita on one side and I on the other, but I ordered my first Better Bottle from him also, it looks like it will be a winner, it arrived yesterday, and the fist thing I have to say is it weighs NOTHING!! I got the one with the racking outlet cause Masta finally convinced me spicots were the way to go on my primary's and so it would be nice on the carboys, the other reason is I was cleaning a carboy once and got a little unsafe and broke it in the bathtub and seeing the shrards of glass that could have cut me was scarry to say the least. I'll report more as I use the carboy.

Did Mark put a big rock in the box so you would know something was in there at least. You don't want confused customers throwing out the box because it feels empty! Be sure to let us know how it works.

When I read the topic I thought you had gotten suck or something since you got better!

I love the Better Bottles. I just get the plain ones (have 3 six-gallon ones now). I still have glass carboys and can't afford to replace all of them but any new ones are Better Bottles.

I have been using a couple of the Better Bottles for some time now and they are the cat's meow. Their only drawback insofar as I am concerned is that you can't vacuum degas in them.

uavwmn said:
What is a "Better Bottle"?

It's like a better mouse trap........

just kidding
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

They are a plastic bottle- the kind like bottled water for a water cooler. They are strudy, impart no off-flavors or smells and are most improtantly- light. The only real drawback is that the sides will squish in a bit when handling full and sometimes can cause an overflow out the airlock when handling. They also don't hold up to a vaccum.

For moving them I have found that the brew hauler really helps with the flexing when moving them...

Just be careful with the spigots on the better bottles as Ive heard that it is the weak spot and can be broken off and make a big mess.

I just want to say I love the better bottle, it is SO much lighter than the glass carboys!!

20081208_083800_pear_Medium.JPG

Latest posts

Back