• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5gal carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get most my supplies from them because the flat rate shipping.4 carboys shipped $4.99 can't beat that :)

Plus their PET 5-gal carboy is on sale for less than $17 and offering free shipping on any orders over $49 thru 2/10/13.

Curious if these are the Italian carboys or not. Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

I dunno. Good question. It takes me to a link that says PET like better bottle. Strange.

Apparently, I shouldn't post replies while I'm drinking, because it takes me to the glass link on PC. Maybe my phone had an issue. Yeah, that's it. My phone.

I ordered the Glass ones
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=507

The pic shows them having ridges on the sides like all the other Italian Carboys I already own... I seen a cheap carboy once that was made from thinner glass and it had smooth sides... That is how I've always judged them... But I could be way off... LOL Now that I think about it... that might not even be a pic of the actual product... :?

?drilled stopper

got mine today as well. They do say Italian. Forgot to get drilled rubberstopper for them. Anybody know what size I need to get?

Anthony

AWelch said:
got mine today as well. They do say Italian. Forgot to get drilled rubberstopper for them. Anybody know what size I need to get?

Anthony

You'll need 6.5.

Anthony, I find that the #6.5 and #7 fit the carboys, but the #7 seems a tighter fit to me. My #6.5's sit almost even with the top of the carboy when installed. I use the #6.5's for 1 gallon and 1/2 gallon jugs.

Latest posts

Back