40th Annual US Amateur Winemaking Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acorad

Reaction score
Hi all, just a reminder that

The 40th Annual US Amateur Winemaking Competition

will be held on

November 23, 2013

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY November 9th 2013

at the Home Beer, Wine and Cheesemaking Shop in Woodland Hills, CA. (www.HomeBeerWineCheese.com)

Entry forms and rules are posted on the website at: http://www.CellarmastersLA.org.

Cellarmasters has been sponsoring the US Amateur Winemaking Competition since the club was founded in 1973.

The Competition is an all-volunteer endeavor and is the oldest home wine competition in the US.

Good luck to all!

Andy

Thanks for posting. We have been talking about this competition for the last month and a good many of folks from this forum are entering. Great competition!

What category would Lemongrass-Ginger wine go in? What about Lime?

4-c or 10?

What category would Lemongrass-Ginger wine go in? What about Lime?

4-c or 10?

Hm. I'd put the lemongrass-ginger under 10-a, because it is unique. The Lemon would be 4-c if dry, or 5-f if sweet.

Double check, yourself, to see if you think that sounds right.

I sent in a Chilean Cab Sauv enhanced with currants, and a nicely aged German Muller-Thurgau. I think the judges will be pleased. :h

Last edited:
Anyone in my area wanting to enter, I will be shipping early next week, we can combine them together and save on shipping.
Let me know and get it to me soon!!!

Latest posts

Back