Postponed: 47th Annual US Amateur Home Winemaking Comptition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acorad

Reaction score
11/13/2020

Timing is everything.

Please be advised that due to the ever-increasing health and safety risks associated with the recent significant increase in local pandemic infection rates in Los Angeles and Ventura counties, the Board of Directors of the 47th Annual US Amateur Home Winemaking Competition has voted unanimously to postpone the Competition until spring/summer 2021.

This is a decision that was difficult to make and undoubtedly will be disappointing to many, although we are confident it is appropriate under these unique circumstances.

Ultimately, the health and well-being of everyone associated with the Competition led us to this decision. We believe this postponement puts us in the best position to safely host the US Amateur in 2021.

All wines that have been received will be carefully stored in climate-controlled facilities and they will be judged in the postponed Competition.

If you entered a wine into the Competition and do not wish to wait until spring 2021 for feedback on it, we can assemble a panel to evaluate the wine outside of the Competition. If you wish to do this, the deadline to contact Andy Coradeschi by December 15, 2020. ([email protected])

Your patience as we make every effort to communicate effectively and efficiently is appreciated, and we will share any additional information as soon as it becomes available. Updates also will be posted to our website, www.CellarmastersLA.org.

As COVID-19 continues to impact the lives of people everywhere, we seek your understanding of this decision and know you share our concern given these trying times. Thank you for your faithful support.

Andy Coradeschi

President
Cellarmasters of Los Angeles Home Winemaking Club

Last edited:
Totally understandable. I submitted my wines this year as my first wines for competition judging. Getting them all bundled up and sent off was a fun afternoon focused on good things to come in the future! :)

Back